The Canon Pixma iP3600 is a compact inkjet photo printer that weighs 12.3lbs and is 17.0”(W) x 11.7”(D) x 6.0” (H). This wired printer was released as part of Canon's Pixma series in 2008.

Why won't my printer turn on?

My printer is plugged in, but there is no light showing it is on.

cannon ip2770 purchased and used for personnel use print out taken very few now the printer is not power on technical people verified the printer their is a board problem and I asked the person replace it and he said the ink cadrige to be changed and finally better not to repair the printer ?

i have a Canon printer MG 3650. when i just sterted it i made 2x a4 print and scaned documents about 10 times connected to PC by WiFi. 3 days later i see that power light on printer dont light. tried to check Power cable and use other and checked its pluged connection. even i unplugged AC adapter trying to check if it smells like burnt. nothing. new fresh canon printer is dead Why tell me please

I have this problem with my Pixma 6270. The cause is a poor electrical connection that is very difficult to obtain a firm connection. It appears either the plug at the end of the cable or the connecting pins at the back of the printer are cheaply made and totally unreliable. When I can get the connection to work the printer produces excellent results. Canon should be ashamed to ruin an otherwise great printer with poor quality small items such as these.

Most Helpful Answer

Dear Friends Its Very Easy To Fix This Problems With Normal Steps -

• Restart Printer Using The Power Key
  • Reset Your Printer And check the Printer Power Supply

For More Information Visit Fix Canon Printer Not Turning On

Gud Luck

These answers are supposed to help those whose printers won't turn on. Thus, your advice of 'restart printer using the power key' is not helpful at because we CAN'T TURN ON OUR PRINTERS! Also, for those of us who are not tech savvy, it would help if you described how to find the printer power supply.

@cbdemartini i Find this Useful Because When You Press the Power Key Longer Than 10 Seconds That Helps You to Perform a force Restart of system in My Understanding . However i have given a link to Some webpage i see fit to fix the issue . Try and see if that works for You

This issue may be due to any of the following:

1. The power cord is not connected to outlet

Solution: Before attempting to fix the power button, make sure the cord is plugged into a working outlet

2. The power is not on

Solution: Turn on the power by pressing the large square button on front right side of printer.

3. Your printer has a faulty power connection

Solution: Reconnect to power supply. Try unplugging the power cord, pausing for 15 seconds before reconnecting to wall.

4. Your printer is connected to a bad wall outlet

Solution: Utilize a different wall outlet.

Please refer to this device's troubleshooting page for more information.

solution 1, it is connected -_-

solution 2, been pressing that for ages

solution 3, it is impossible for that to happen since the cord is new and has no cracks in it or signs of wear and tear

solution, I am using 1 wall outlet for my PC and printer so if my wall outlet is broken m pc should not also be working

Faced similar situation... It was working an hour ago and stopped turning on all of sudden... Checked power cable... Tested the cable by putting it in my cam charger... It was fine... Shaked power point as sometime it's due to loose connection... Still no fix... Finally shakes the cartidge box gently... Cleaned the printer.... Connected power cable again and this time it does turn on... What a relief.... Try it... If it works for you as well... Good Luck

If you'r printer isn't turn on then you can check first you wire is properly connected or not then Reconnect to power supply. Try unplugging the power wire, pausing for 15 seconds before reconnecting to wall.

I suspect they engineered these to fail after so many years. I wouldn't often use the printer but when I used it I needed it. The ink would mysteriously disappear even when I wasn't using it and I had to buy ink cartridges for it often. So that is what I was doing. I turned the printer on, opened the ink door and checked the number on the cartridges. Closed the door then went into the other room to buy the ink. When I returned to the machine the power was off and I could not turn it back on. Changing outlets, reinserting the power cord, and holding down the power button to no avail. It was meant to fail. I will never buy another printer or product for that matter from Canon.

You can reset your printer by following this:

1) Turn the printer off

2) Press and hold the STOP button for 3 seconds.

3) Then press the ON button and release the STOP button.

4) While holding the ON button, press the STOP button 5 times.

5) Release all buttons.

6) LCD Screen should turn on and be blank. After a minute or better turn the printer off once more.

This should be the reset.

i also can’t turn on the printer

You can reset the waste ink tank counter by a reset procedure. Bu this doesn't actually empty the waste ink tank itself and will allow you to continue printing.

1: Power off printer

2: Hold Resume button then press and hold POWER, the beeper will sound once. 

3: Hold POWER and release RESUME 

4: Press RESUME twice, then release all buttons 

5: When the indicator lights steady, press RESUME three or four times. The indicator should be orange. 

6: Press Power to set data

Olivia will be eternally grateful.