replace drive belt on craftsman riding mower

The drive belt broke today on my craftsman model # 917255441 riding lawn tractor, I went to sears and bought new belt but I do not have a clue of how to put it back on the tractor I need a diagram can you help?

hey Linda, my name is Jo this to happened to me, I got a replacement belt, figured out how to lower the mower deck, remove the blade belt, then came the problem I can't get it around the pto pulley. Did you get it fixed, and can someone help me

Jo

by Jo Sparkman

need to replace blade belt on 1700

by scotty2011

Read more : lawntoolsguide.com

by Jame

I did a search for lawn mower manuals and found this site:

Mower Manuals

Now, you might find as I did that most of them look about the same, regardless of exact model.

Before you start, lower the mower deck to the lowest position it will go. This will give you clearance to work. Some models have a special service position that is lower than the normal cutting range.

It is highly likely that the pulleys have guards / covers over them that must be removed with a small wrench. Make your life easy and spray them down with liquid wrench, WD-40, or some kind of solvent to loosen the bolts before you start scraping up you knuckles.

Look at the two pictures I have placed below. They are two different manuals for two different lawn mowers and other than the angle, and the amount of detail, they are just about the same. Notice the covers over the pulleys have already been removed for easy access.

I lost my pictures, still new at this. Let me try this again.

I need to see a diagram of lower drive betl

- For future reference you posted a Question in the place where only Answers belong. Please use the add comment link to the O.Q., particular Answer or, for more prompt answers to your unique problem create your own original question.

by originalmachead

There is a belt diagram on all craftsman L&G troctors located under running board since1990....

most I should say

by joe

Thank you Joe, you da man...

by Rick Brandt

I need a diagram of upper belt drive and tensioner

by originalmachead

Linda,

Here is a list of Craftsman Lawn Mower manuals. Go down the list until you find your model number, then click on that, then click past a few advertisements until you see the "get manual" button light up. Click on that, and you will have your manual in PDF format.

Regards,

Frank

The drive belt drives the rear axle and tires. It runs from the front pulley to a pulley located over the rear axle. You do not have to remove the deck. Put the belt on the front pulley and run it above the mower deck, through the belt tensioners, and back to the rear axle. To access the rear pulley, remove the battery and the battery holder so that you can see the pulley from above. Put the gear shift in neutral, or chock the front tires and jack up the rear axle so that the rear tires are off the ground. This will allow the rear pulley to turn freely. Reach through the battery compartment to the pulley, get the new belt started onto the right front of the pulley (you may need to use a flat screwdriver to help ease the belt into the groove of the pulley), hold the belt tight to the pulley with your right hand, use both your right and left hands to rotate the pulley in a clockwise direction. The belt will come around and finally end up in the pulley groove.

replaced drive belt on model 917259570 craftsman riding mower with part #140294 seems to be a little long as belt is not tight enough to drive the trans without slipping is there an adjustment for the belt tensioner. marty rhodes help

i need a diagram

Score -1

by originalmachead

Can someone please help. Got a craftsman six speed lawnmower and the two front wheels will not turn or they want to go opposite directions do you know what parts I need to purchase to fix that problem?HELP bought it from Sears three years ago. Just put new tires on that change the old gas filter air filter spark plug done all of that and that happened.

Score -1

Drive belt on older craftman rideing mower. 17 1/2 hp

Score -1

What about it? Start your own question and you need to describe your problem in more than 9 words. - For future reference you posted a Question in the place where only Answers belong. Please use the add comment link to the O.Q., particular Answer or, for more prompt answers to your unique problem create your own original question.

by originalmachead

Linda will be eternally grateful.