replace drive belt on craftsman riding mower

The drive belt broke today on my craftsman model # 917255441 riding lawn tractor, I went to sears and bought new belt but I do not have a clue of how to put it back on the tractor I need a diagram can you help?

hey Linda, my name is Jo this to happened to me, I got a replacement belt, figured out how to lower the mower deck, remove the blade belt, then came the problem I can't get it around the pto pulley. Did you get it fixed, and can someone help me Thanks Jo

by Jo Sparkman

need to replace blade belt on 1700

by scotty2011

I did a search for lawn mower manuals and found this site:

Mower Manuals

Now, you might find as I did that most of them look about the same, regardless of exact model.

Before you start, lower the mower deck to the lowest position it will go. This will give you clearance to work. Some models have a special service position that is lower than the normal cutting range.

It is highly likely that the pulleys have guards / covers over them that must be removed with a small wrench. Make your life easy and spray them down with liquid wrench, WD-40, or some kind of solvent to loosen the bolts before you start scraping up you knuckles.

Look at the two pictures I have placed below. They are two different manuals for two different lawn mowers and other than the angle, and the amount of detail, they are just about the same. Notice the covers over the pulleys have already been removed for easy access.

I lost my pictures, still new at this. Let me try this again.

Most Helpful Answer

I need to see a diagram of lower drive betl

- For future reference you posted a Question in the place where only Answers belong. Please use the add comment link to the O.Q., particular Answer or, for more prompt answers to your unique problem create your own original question.

by machead3

There is a belt diagram on all craftsman L&G troctors located under running board since1990....

most I should say

by joe

I need a diagram of upper belt drive and tensioner

by machead3

Linda,

Here is a list of Craftsman Lawn Mower manuals. Go down the list until you find your model number, then click on that, then click past a few advertisements until you see the "get manual" button light up. Click on that, and you will have your manual in PDF format.

Regards,

Frank

replaced drive belt on model 917259570 craftsman riding mower with part #140294 seems to be a little long as belt is not tight enough to drive the trans without slipping is there an adjustment for the belt tensioner. marty rhodes help

i need a diagram

Score -1

by machead3

Can someone please help. Got a craftsman six speed lawnmower and the two front wheels will not turn or they want to go opposite directions do you know what parts I need to purchase to fix that problem?HELP bought it from Sears three years ago. Just put new tires on that change the old gas filter air filter spark plug done all of that and that happened.

Score -1

Drive belt on older craftman rideing mower. 17 1/2 hp

Score -1

What about it? Start your own question and you need to describe your problem in more than 9 words. - For future reference you posted a Question in the place where only Answers belong. Please use the add comment link to the O.Q., particular Answer or, for more prompt answers to your unique problem create your own original question.

by machead3

Linda will be eternally grateful.