Released April 2010 / 2.4, 2.53 GHz Core i5 or 2.66, 2.8 GHz Core i7 Processors

Cannot get speakers to work, optical out stuck on

Help!

I just installed a new trackpad on my 2010 MacBook Pro 15"- all seemed to go well, but was challenging as the iFixit guide only covered 2009 and 2011 - once reassembled, the headphone jack is stuck in optical mode all the time.

If I plug in headphones they work, but otherwise, I cannot get the native speakers to work.

Humbly yours,

Dr. Bonehead :(

Most Helpful Answer

See Optical out won't turn off. Internal speakers won't work. How to fix? for several possible solutions.

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it accepted.

Thanks for the idea- have tried the match stick/etc., but doesn't appear to be a stuck switch. :(

Any other ideas?

Go over your speaker connections to the logic board many times DIY think that they have a good solid square snapped in connection only to find out on recheck it was loose.

Hey there! - thanks for your help, I just completely disassembled, and triple checked the connections - as far as the computer is concerned, there is no analog out, unless you plug in a set of headphones. :(

Once you plug them in, it works great with headphones, otherwise, optical is on all the time. - Help!

Jon Brummel will be eternally grateful.