A collection of guides and support to help with washer repair.

Flashing start/pause light at end of cycle, causes?

New Whirlpool Duet washing machine, only 2 months old, suddenly has flashing start/pause light at end of cycle. Never done that before. Otherwise seems to be working perfectly. No clues in owners manual.

I am having the same issue. Have you figured out the issue?

It's under warranty.

UPDATE 2/7/16

First notice the sequence of the flashes. The wash stars light will flash on for .5 seconds, then off for .5 seconds, followed by a pause of 2 seconds and repeat. Count the number of flashes before the pause to determine your first error code (F code). You will then see a pause of 2 seconds, then start counting again to your second code (E code).

Once you have gone through the sequence, you can determine your Error Code.

Then ask a new question as people seldom look at questions with accepted answers.

I have had two whirlpool washers since March of this year and both have done the same thing. There is no sequence to the flashes - it just flashes consistently at the end of a cycle. Our first washer purchased in March started with the flashing and then tons of other problems started happening. Whirlpool finally offered us a replacement model that was slightly different since our original model was discontinued. I have had the new model for 3 weeks, and it has started the flashing as well at the end of a cycle. Whirlpool cannot explain the flashing...I am at a loss and am worried this new machine is headed into the abyss like my last one.

I have the same issue at first i thought it ment i did 30 washes and washer needs to be clean but after running the clean cycle i was wrong because it was still flashing does anyone know whsy this means

I am having the same problems, now with two different whirlpool machines. Whirlpool is at a loss....and I'm super frustrated!

tblack will be eternally grateful.