Acer entered the world of laptop computers in 1997 when it purchased Texas Instruments' mobile PC division.

Can the RAM be upgraded on a Acer Chromebook 13?

Can the RAM on the Acer Chromebook CB5-311-T9Y2 Tegra K1 be upgraded on the 2GB model to 4GB (or more)?

From what I can find online it appears the system has soldered on RAM so its not upgradable.

You may want to give Acer tech support a call to double check.

No, it can't be upgraded. But you can get a bit more performance using some virtual ram from the SSD.

Use "crosh" (Ctrl-Alt-T) and enable swap ram:

crosh> swap enable 2000 (this will allocate 2GB extra memory)

crosh> swap status (will give you status of VM usage)

Wow, I didn't know this was possible and really hope it helps when my machine becomes sluggish in future. Thanks

Is this only possible on a chromebook?

Did the crosh fix.. actually helped me out with my new Chromebook 13, have 4gb ram with 32 gb ssd runs quite well. Love tying on it far better then the 11.6. my stubby fingers play !&&* with the smaller keyboards. Though must admitt I found the Acer C820 to be quite easier then previous models .Plus the i3 with 4 gb ram was really good. Could upload a video file in 720p to youtube that was placed on it very easy and almost as fast as my regular i5 asus laptop.

Waiting to see how the chromebook does. Looking forward to seeing if Google adds more apps, though honestly since my first chromebook had pitful selection. Now it's far better. From what I hear the newest Mac is lackluster.. esp. for the cost. Got my chromebook on ebay new for under $250.

Mace Moneta will be eternally grateful.