Replace bulb on Samsung DLP TV model HLS4266WX-XAA?
Can I replace a bulb on my DLP TV Samsung model HLS4266WX-XAA to remedy extraneous red and green colors in the picture?
Is this a good question?
steven matera, your TV only has one lamp. So it either works or it does not. You could have issues with your color wheel or your DMD board which control's your color wheel motor. Try an adjustment first.
INDEX DELAY Adjustment
1. Turn off the power to put the unit into the STAND-BY mode.
2. In order to enter the Service Mode, Press "Mute" → "1" → "8" → "2" → "POWER" button on the Remote Control.
3. Select "Service" on the first display of the Service mode menu.
4. Press the ▲ ▼ (Up or Down) button to move to INDEX DELAY, then press ENTER to select.
5. The INDEX DELAY setup screen (with 4 grayscale bars at the bottom of the screen) will be displayed.
6. Press the ◀▶ (Left of Right) button to adjust the red color(Green, Blue, White) at the bottom of the screen at its minimum and maximum values of changing from red to magenta, then adjust to the mean value.
CCA Adjustment Service Methods : CCA Adjustment is needed after changing a light engine or digital board
■ CCA : In DLP TV, even the same RGB color may differ depending on the light engine. CCA (Color Coordinate Adjustment) corrects the color to achieve the color accuracy. CCA performs color correction after measuring and inputting the current light engine's data on actual color coordinates for displayed Red, Green, Blue, and White color patterns, using a color coordinate measuring equipment. At this moment, color correction is performed below.
1) This procedure is needed if the Main PCB or DMD Board are changed.
2) If the DMD PCB is changed then you use the Digital→DMD adjustment item in the Option menu of service mode.
3) If the Main PCB is changed use the DMD→Digital adjustment.
Performing CCA is independent on current display's resolution and input signal type if you don't measure color coordinates data.
Measuring color coordinates data requires specific equipment not possessed by service personnel, that makes performing manual adjustment impossible. Adjusting CCA is applied to all the signal mode.
Don't change desired value because it will be harmful to the color of the SET.
CCA and Index Delay adjustment procedure for when the Color Wheel is changed DMD→Digital and Digital →DMD do not apply in that situation. Hope this helps, good luck.
Was this answer helpful?
Past 24 Hours: 2
Past 7 Days: 5
Past 30 Days: 9
All Time: 868