Parts & Tools

Repair guides and support for LED, LCD, HD and other Vizio TVs.

TV wont turn on. power light turns on, blinks, then shut's off

Vizio e500i-a0 wont turn on. Tried unplugging it and holding down the power button per Vizio tech support. Tech support believes it's the power supply. Received a quote ffrom an authorized repair shop for $275. Foind the power supply board online for $30. Would rather fix it ourselves if possible. Any help would be appreciated!

LCD iPhone Screen Fix Kits

The budget option, covered by our Lifetime Warranty.

Shop Kits

LCD iPhone Screen Fix Kits

Cut repair costs, not quality.

Shop Kits

Sounds like it could either be a power board or main board issue. If you're confident in opening up your TV, replacing either boards is pretty straight forward. Just be careful unplugging any wires/ribbons. For vizio parts, you can try Vizparts

Is there a way to check which board it would be or some diagnostic I could run? Reset. Held power button. Checked cords. Boards seen fine nothing looks off.

Try checking the main bord out put processor to see if it is getting power. Or it might be a bad Ribon cable try shining a broth light on the screen at different angles to see if there’s a picture If there is a picture it’s the backlight driver board I’ve had a lot of problems with Visio’s dropping back like drivers

large vizio smart tv.. worked fine, moved to another room and tv wont turn on via remote or tv buttons. unplugged tv and plugged back in and tv light comes on and fades out... tried piwer cycling, leaving unplugged for a day, etc. remote nor tv buttons do anything... BUT

BY Chance i was setting up my much older vizio tv right infront of it AND MY OLD REMOTE TURNED BOTH TVs ON... i got my new remote working once after removing/replacing batteries... my new smart tv remote and the buttons on tv still dont work

so, IM USING AN OLD VIZIO REMOTE and it works just fine... go figure...

My vizio tv was working now it won't power on but the vizio light lights up..

lety will be eternally grateful.