iPhone keeps restarting everytime it is plugged to charger?

I have a T-Mobile iphone 5 16 gb. It was working fine when I got it, then a couple weeks later it started acting weird. It would start restarting every couple minutes every time i plugged it into the charger. Also, the percent # gets stuck at a number and never changes until the phone dies. Ex. If it dies, it'll turn back on and say 4%, then that % number won't change although the phone is fully charged.

I don't think the phone batter is worn or old for it to be acting faulty and there's no water damage.

My Samsung galaxy alpha is turning off everytime I unplug my charger and when I plug the charger back in my phone it works, can you help me ?

Most Helpful Answer

This is always either bad battery or small component knocked off near the battery flex connector. Both are repairable :)

Same thing is happening to my iPhone 5 after my battery replacement. I think I knocked off the small component near the battery flex connector. How much is the component? Where can I find it on your site? Is it easy to repair as DIY?

#jessabethany . Are you referring to FL 11 or U2 IC

For iPhone 5 it is FL11

Jessa... Iove you and your work..Thanks =)

a fan ^^

Let's say the small component knocked off near the battery flex connector, is that FL11? And if it is, does the problem comes immediately or few months later?

I asked this because this problem happened to my iPhone 5 two months after my battery got replaced.

Thank you..

-Zedd

I think they talk about the little chip you can see on motherboard.

Most of the time, people don't know to never pry the battery where the mother board is, this is very easy to break it.

My best tip for you guys is, before removing battery, heat on the back sick (alluminium case) and then, when the glue is soft, insert plastic card between battery and aluminium case on the other side of mother board.

Mine was reseting too, fixed by restoring iphone firmware.

Open iTunes on your computer and connect your phone to your machine

Press the button on the screen and power button together and hold for 10s

iTunes icon will appear on your phone's screen

Go to iTunes in your computer and select restore

That's it.

I restored but a few hours later it got back to his rebooting loop

Braxton Mbeng will be eternally grateful.