Repair and disassembly guides for microwave ovens.

Can a microwave work without having a door on it?

Can a microwave work without having a door on it? Our door was warped from gas burner below. We ordered a new door with the understanding that it could be returned if it did not work when using microwave. I was then told after trying to return it for the money to go toward a new microwave. I was then told they could not refund our money since the door was not essential for microwave to function. Is this a reasonable reason for not being able to return a new microwave door that was never used? Please respond as I just do not understand their reasoning for not allowing us credit .

/ Thank you, Judy O'Rear

Most Helpful Answer

Do NOT under any circumstance operate a microwave without a door as you can be blinded or KILLED by the microwaves. Without the door anyone within range will be COOKED. They should absolutely refund your money--tell them you know you cannot safely operate a microwave with the door off. A safety circuit should prevent the unit from operating without the door.

Elizabeth Holland will be eternally grateful.