Repair and disassembly guides for microwave ovens.

Re: Can you operate without door

This is answer to Elizabeth Holland,s question. Please indicate you have read it. I am worried you might try using the microwave without the door. Thanks Ralph

(Elizabeth's question.)Can a microwave work without having a door on it? Our door was warped from gas burner below. We ordered a new door with the understanding that it could be returned if it did not work when using microwave. I was then told after trying to return it for the money to go toward a new microwave. I was then told they could not refund our money since the door was not essential for microwave to function. Is this a reasonable reason for not being able to return a new microwave door that was never used? Please respond as I just do not understand their reasoning for not allowing us credit .

/ Thank you, Judy O'Rear

(My answer) Do NOT under any circumstance operate a microwave without a door as you can be blinded or KILLED by the microwaves. Without the door anyone within range will be COOKED. They should absolutely refund your money--tell them you know you cannot safely operate a microwave with the door off. A safety circuit should prevent the unit from operating without the door.

rj713, 23 hours ago

Add Comment

rj713 will be eternally grateful.