There are so many things we could do if we only knew how. This area aims to catalog most specialized skills necessary to perform certain kinds of repairs.

Where to contribute this tip?

Hey all. I'm not sure where to contribute this tip. I accidentally stumbled upon a handy way to pry apart a mobile device without chopping up the edges... therapy putty. Specifically, it was Green Theraputty.

I'm a software/hardware developer. I was using it to hold a Nexus5 in place while I conducted some screen tests. When I went to remove it, the putty held on a little too well and uniformly pulled the back cover off of the device without damaging it. Once I got the putty off of the table, it peeled right off of the cover without leaving a residue.

I should also add that the putty had time to cool and harden a bit. The warmer it gets, the more malleable it becomes. It's basically silly putty.

I hope this helps someone!

Most Helpful Answer

You can also use this type of stuff for holding the device in place whilst you remove the front glass, works well if it's all you have

Sweet, Thanks!

Jim will be eternally grateful.