Parts & Tools

iPhone 5s DIY solar charger recognized but not charging?

I finished building a USB solar charger DIY kit I bought from KipKay earlier today, and my phone kind of bugs out whenever I use it. When it was first completed, it was charging perfectly fine, with no errors whatsoever. After a while, "This device may not be supported" errors started showing up, and my phone started charging backwards. I replaced the cable, and the errors eventually went away. However, my phone is still "charging backwards", and sometimes charging stops during connection.

I've tried cydia tweaks, but all they do is remove the error, and the phone refuses to charge.

It probably has something to do with the charger and not the phone, but is there anything I can do?

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Charging backwards thats the first time I've heard that one..

Dont you mean charger doesn't work and the percentage is just dropping normal lol

can you give me the link so i can buy one too?

Hi there,

As I know there is an charging protocol for all iphones, if the charging current goes unstable it will stop charging and displays “The device may not be supported“, so I guess the power of your solar charger must be very small, less than 6 Watt. For charging iphone 5s or any IOS phones, you need a power bigger than 6.5 Watt and comes with USB 5V output, the bigger the better.

Austin will be eternally grateful.