Launched in spring of 2014, the OnePlus One packs a 5.5" display and runs the Android-based CyanogenMod 12S operating system.

power button doesn't seem to work

Hi everyone,

my Oneplus One power button doesn't seem to work anymore so I can't turn it off or reset or anything. I keep it charged and use it anyway. I removed the back cover and tried pushing the real button under the plastic one but it doesn't work either.. (the volume one works fine this way) Is there a way to repair it without voiding warranty? I'm also waiting for the assistence to respond to my ticket.

I have this also - anyone had any experience with this? I have many workarounds for daily use but it'd be great to have a go at fixing this.

I've taken the back off the one before but never done any unscrewing to get at the real internals. If someone's had success doing this and some pointers I'd maybe have the confidence to dig a little deeper but this is about as far as I'm comfortable to go at the moment.

I've seen videos of opening up the one but not one that goes into any detail on the power button

Without the back cover some contacts are not closed and it is impossible to start the phone.

I have the same problem after fixing my problem with the not working display because a latch was slacked off. On opening the cover of the cpu part I did damaged a small latch only 2-3 mm above the power button. Maybe you damaged this small latch on the side while opening the back cover?

I solved it with a rom official update

Can you give us more details about how you did that update? Thanks

Most Helpful Answer

Plug in USB and hold volume down at the same time. This gets you into recovery, then select "reboot system now." (Old I know, but somebody may stumble on this.)

Hi, I too had the same problem, I couldn't restart or switch off the phone as if it lost the screen sensitivity. I've pressed the lock/unlock button on the right side continuously for a while and then it got switched off. I've then restarted it using the same button, now its working fine.

Faced the same issue. I have to long press the power button (right side button) for 2-3 mins and phone got switched off and restarted and now its back to normal.

Same issue happened for me. I have long press the power button (right side button) for 2-3 mins and phone got switched off and restarted and now its back to normal. Volume and power button is working fine :)

Hi I have the same problem.. Let me know if you have a solution for it

I have the same problem and keep it on the whole time but this is so risky because if it would turn of while I am out my phone would be dead forever! I tried to reset but nothing happened... Did soebody find a solution???

hello, I did if it does turn off then put the plug in and as soon as u put the wire in hold the the down volume button it should say reboot or restart phone and other stuff but only choose the reboot/restart

It Worked! Thank You So Much!

same happened to me, i just use the button setting to use my home button as a power off button when you hold it down.

How did you manage to do that? and how to turn on your phone afterwards?

I started seeing this issue from yesterday. Any quick fix, i'm up to date on software so can't wait for any software updates.

My home screen button was not working then i tried to restote it again after deleting up ma registered or saved finger print now i m totally unable to register my fingerprint as its ma home screen button not working and not giving any respond to it ... Plz help me out what should i do to make it restart my home screen button

sfcnifosi will be eternally grateful.