moisture in iPod switch
soda got into the switch on my iPod. There is a rusty powder coming out of it. Can it be fixed. It no longer turns on.
Is this a good question?
maybe you can fix it - but first things first.
get the proper tools and use the logic board guide to disassemble the iPod.
you will need isopropyl alcohol (>90%) and a soft paintbrush to clean the logic board, clean everything that looks "odd" white/greenish or in your case rusty - clean it careful!
if possible - desolder the battery before you start the cleaning process
if you're done with the cleaning, let it dry, reassemble it (and if you desoldered the battery - resolder that too) and try to start it, if the battery wasn't charged - try to charge it
Was this answer helpful?
Past 24 Hours: 0
Past 7 Days: 0
Past 30 Days: 0
All Time: 816