1

Martin
85

My ringer switch is faulty

Hi guys,

I recently took my device to pieces to replace the case, the ringer switch previously didn't work at all. After cleaning it a little and putting it back it works intermittently but still is completely unusable.

Is there a way to repair it? Should I order a new component (Rear housing with new buttons or simply a button)

Thanks a lot!

Edited by: oldturkey03, rj713, and machead3 ( )

I noticed you never got an answer to this. Are you still having this problem?

machead3,

Yeah I am.. It's even worse now doesn't work at all.

Martin,

1

bushing

Take the phone apart and take out the ringer switch; look at the plastic button and see if it looks physically broken. If it does, you could buy a new one, but I suspect the real problem is the electrical switch. You already tried cleaning it and still haven't completely fixed it, so it sounds like it's time to buy a new one.

If you can find a good price on a complete rear housing (including working buttons), that'd be simpler to replace and save you some time ... if not, looks like you'll need to get the whole ringer switch assembly.

iPhone 3G and 3GS Mute Button

Used to switch phone between silent and ring mode — 28 available at 4.95 each.