Released June 2014, identified by model 635.

What if my Nokia Lumia 635 does not turn on?

I have tried turning on my phone and the screen does not even light up. I don't know if the battery is dead or what is happening?

Most Helpful Answer

No matter what you do, you can't get your Nokia Lumia 635 to turn on. Here are some things for you to look at:

(1)Drained/bad battery

If your Nokia Lumia 635 won't turn on, especially if it has not been used recently, you may simply have a drained battery. Plug your Nokia Lumia 635 into your computer or AC adapter and see if anything happens. Ideally your Nokia Lumia 635 will recognize it has been connected to a power source and charge its battery. If it will no longer charge, the battery must be replaced. You can purchase affordable batteries online.

(2)Bad display

It is possible that it appears nothing is happening because the display is bad. If you hold the Nokia Lumia 635 up to your ear you should be able to hear the hard drive spinning and feel it vibrate. If the Nokia Lumia 635 sounds like it is working properly but nothing is visible, it is possible the display is bad and must be replaced.

(3)Bad Power button connection

If the Power button is not seated correctly, it is possible that the Nokia Lumia 635 will not turn on. Be sure that the bar on the Power button is completely flipped down to ensure a positive connection.

there is NO hard drive in this phone... seriously... who wrote this?

Thought the first tip worked for me, thanks soo much

what if all you had on the screen when plug in to charge was the window's 8 looking window, does that mean it's charging?

if all you have when plugged in to charge your phone is the win8 looking screen look for the pic of the battery if that does not looks like it is filling up and if it is charged then it should have a icon that looks like a plug if it does not have this then you will need to replace the motherboard

my Nokia lumia 635 has a face on it how do i get that off my phone my mom mint be calling my

can some one anwser like now

fin then i gust that know one want to help me so i will burn all the Nokia lumia 635 and the other so if you dont help me

My lumia ran out of battery, after charging it has a sad face on screen anyone know what the problem is.

it turns but doesnt come to home screen

This happened to my brand new Nokia Lumia 635 phone. I bought it new, the guy at retail store turned it on and said it will be on in a few minutes so I left. Well a few minutes turned to an hour and same results. The Nokia emblem appeared then the windows logo and nothing else. When i got home (store just closed when i left)I tried soft reset take battery out wait like 5 seconds and turn on same results. Tried hard reset back to factory setting (this is a brand new phone with no info on it) hold down all 3 button onside for 15 sec when it vibrates release power button and hold volume down and up for an addition minute, still same results. I'm going to talk to representative today will repost how to fix. But its either a hardware issue like faulty SIM card or software issue like Windows 10 automatic upgrade.

same problem. how was this resolved?

This the first that's this happened all of sudden my power button don't work it wont turn my screen off normally when I hit the power button the screw turns off or on but now it doesn't now when I hold the power button down it turns the phone off I took the battery out put it back in still doin the same thing that never happened I just got this phone.

I have to mash my power button super hard to get it to turn on/off. Great way to do a workout while trying to turn the darn thing on! I broke my nail a couple of times trying to turn it on

Update: Now the power button is 100% broken. If I take off the back panel, you can see the clicker button slide around the inside of the phone. The phone would not turn on, so I plugged it in to light it up, and set my settings to battery saver and never lock. Ordered a different phone, hopefully better!

ok how do you fix this phone that will not turn on

My wont turn on it loads up the windows sign and then vibrates and goes of does anyone have any suggestions???

my nokia lumia 630 working but the screen lights are not on. all sonds coming for message and calling and even touch also working but i couldnt see anything in screen except the darkness. what is the problem?

check if its vibrating cuz I have that problem 2

I woke up this morning my nokia lumia new phone wouldn't work at all just showing me stagnant time and can't even on nor off what should I do?

Did you try taking out the battery?

my phone will turn on but after it shows the network that i am with it goes dark blue and it doesnt let me do anything on it. . . . what should I do?

Hello all,

Can someone help. My beautiful Lumia 635 suddenly stopped working after a particular battery drain it experienced. I later tried charging it, it vibrates each time, suggesting to me, that it is charging, but would not show the opening/booting screen (displaying nothing). I eventually checked the battery terminal and i got 3.7v.

Whats the way out?

try windows device recovery tool

how to get mokia werking when they dont come on

Lasrlove0076@gmail.com

Erick will be eternally grateful.