Launched in spring of 2014, the OnePlus One packs a 5.5" display and runs the Android-based CyanogenMod 12S operating system. Model "ONE A0001."

The charger won't go into the USB plug, what is going on?

My charger won't plug into the USB port why won't it go in? What can I do to fix it?

It worked had a tiny peice of paper thankyou

I Have The Same Problem With The USB To My Wireless Mouse

Thank you it worked.

Oh thanks very much , it worked a treat.

Most Helpful Answer

I had this problem today. Visual inspection with a flashlight but no magnification didn't show much except that the socket hole was not as deep as it should be. I took the flexible plastic toothpick out of a Swiss army knife and gently scraped the bottom of the socket with the tip. Then I tapped the phone on a piece of white paper and saw some debris (dirt) come out of the hole. I continued this and after I made a good start, a lot of debris came out. Finally, I pulled out a large piece of pocket lint.

I suspect that if a little dirt gets in the hole, pushing the plug into the socket compacts the dirt into a flat layer, and if enough dirt gets in there, the plug will no longer connect.

The solution is to clean the socket out gently with a flexible plastic tool, such as the toothpick in a Swiss army knife, so that you do not damage the pins. To prevent the problem the phone should be kept in a clean pocket, or in my case, where my pockets just aren't clean, I will keep the socket covered with a bit of gaffer's tape when not in use.

I've been struggling with this issue for a long time, thank you for the solution!!

Fantastic answer fixed my problem thank you xo

Thanku very much for this solution

It’s not working I tried and it didn’t work I still can’t charge my phone

this was exactly my problem! pocket lint! using a sharp pair of tweezers to carefully dig it out got the job done for me.

To prevent any further damage to the usb port. Inspect the port in a well-lit environment. If the usb port looks to be damaged due to excessive force, it must be removed and replaced. If you attempt to replace the micro usb port, please reference the guide linked below to help you in removing and replacing this piece. Should you have an problems repairing the device, please contact OnePlus directly so they can assist you in repairing your device.

OnePlus One Micro USB Port Replacement

Change the usb port and see the result

Try another USB port.

these series of Galaxies are very prone to this, i had it happen 2 times within the first 4 months, what happens is when your phone is in your pocket. Bits of material and grime build up in the charge port just a tiny bit at a time. every time you plug it in. it packs to the back of the port until you find yourself pushing harder each time. the port is dark and deep, so you cant see it. dont get sucked in to paying big bucks on this. theres a little tool you can get to scrap it out. just be carefull. the first time it happened to me the phone repair shop i know did it for free in front of me in about 3 minutes.

Richard Yankowski will be eternally grateful.