Launched in spring of 2014, the OnePlus One packs a 5.5" display and runs the Android-based CyanogenMod 12S operating system.

The charger won't go into the USB plug, what is going on?

My charger won't plug into the USB port why won't it go in? What can I do to fix it?

Most Helpful Answer

To prevent any further damage to the usb port. Inspect the port in a well-lit environment. If the usb port looks to be damaged due to excessive force, it must be removed and replaced. If you attempt to replace the micro usb port, please reference the guide linked below to help you in removing and replacing this piece. Should you have an problems repairing the device, please contact OnePlus directly so they can assist you in repairing your device.

OnePlus One Micro USB Port Replacement

I had this problem today. Visual inspection with a flashlight but no magnification didn't show much except that the socket hole was not as deep as it should be. I took the flexible plastic toothpick out of a Swiss army knife and gently scraped the bottom of the socket with the tip. Then I tapped the phone on a piece of white paper and saw some debris (dirt) come out of the hole. I continued this and after I made a good start, a lot of debris came out. Finally, I pulled out a large piece of pocket lint.

I suspect that if a little dirt gets in the hole, pushing the plug into the socket compacts the dirt into a flat layer, and if enough dirt gets in there, the plug will no longer connect.

The solution is to clean the socket out gently with a flexible plastic tool, such as the toothpick in a Swiss army knife, so that you do not damage the pins. To prevent the problem the phone should be kept in a clean pocket, or in my case, where my pockets just aren't clean, I will keep the socket covered with a bit of gaffer's tape when not in use.

Richard Yankowski will be eternally grateful.