AC adapter for MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air

Change Magsafe adapter to Magsafe2

I have and older Magsafe Adapter from 2009 MacBook pro. It was broken with the general cable issue. I have fixed it, however it's unused now. I can buy Magsafe 2 repair cable to use with my newer macbook but I don't know whether the voltage will fit. I don't want to burn my mac.

U.S. shipping only companies are not a solution.

I've read on wiki that the voltage (not wattage!) are different. I would like to see whats inside of the original magsafe to magsafe 2 adapter. I don't need the adapter. I was asking whether I can solder the magsafe 2 adapter to older magsafe AC.

Your Mac will only pull as much power as it needs. The voltages are the same. The difference is in the wattage. Here's an adapter you may need: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD504Z...

The inner large pins are V+ (14.5 / 16.5 / 18.5 VDC). Measuring with no load will give 6.86 V DC for MagSafe and about 3 V DC for MagSafe 2; the full voltage is provided after a ~40kOhm load is applied for one second.[8]

Cheaper easier soloution

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it.

masterjet will be eternally grateful.