The Sony CFD-8 is a portable CD Radio Cassette-Corder manufactured circa 1998. It is one of the earliest models in Sony's CFD series.

Why won't the cassette player play my tapes?

I put the cassette in the cassette player, but it won't play. The volume is turned up.

Can someone tell me where I can have a cassette player fixed?

Cassettes can be tricky sometimes. Make sure that the cassette is in the player correctly. Then try cleaninging out the player and see if anything improves--this can make a difference sometimes.

You should check to see if the cassette is turning like it should be. If it's turning like it should, but not working, it's most likely a problem with the cassette. If it's not turning at all, check the batteries or the plug before reading further.

If you hear any whirling, or the cassette player refuses to run, this could be a problem with the motor that turns the cassette. If you think this might be the case, start by heading over to our troubleshooting page here to see what matches your issue more closely.

what if u haven't played casettes in long time and cleaned out and still not playing there is a sound if plays it plays short time and unwinds the tape.

I am not mechanical. Can you suggest someone near Ft Washington, PA or Ft Lauderdale,Fl who can fix cassette players?

My NAD tape deck will not start. The power is on, when i press PLAY button it keeps knocking and knocking, tape rolls bouncy and knocks all the time. Once it managed to play and after that every time i stopped it and started PLAY again that was ok. After a couple of hours when it was switched off I tried again and knockings have come back and it won't set off.

I also have a non working cassette player. Only had it fitted last week (second hand, not come back there) and it was working but now when I put the cassette in, the radio stops as it should but the cassette doesn't play and I can't hear the motor turning but it still fast forwards and rewinds so no idea. Gutted as it's a 1991 car and I don't want to put a cd player in as I prefer the retro originality of the radio cassette. Any help would be appreciated

need a belt for the cassette player

Hi @joejefferson ,

If your device is a Sony CFD-8 then this link may help.

The 2nd answer in the link might be the quicker option.

Bad drive belt needs replaced

Here is one I found if it suits you and you're in the USA of course.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-3-356-345-0...

My cassette player is jammed and it's like the tape can't run through it. Then it sometimes unwinds the tape and it gets caught in the wheel. How do I fix this it's my dads and I really want to fix it ! Help please

Tess will be eternally grateful.