Originally released in 2001, identified by model number VT750DC.

What do I do if the motorbike does not stay on?

While riding the motorbike, the engine will shut off and it will not start back up. When I try to start it back up, it makes a constant continuous chugging noise but the engine will not turn over.

Most Helpful Answer

If the bike is carbureted and has been sitting for an extended period of time there is a chance that the float valve is sticking in the closed position. This will prevent fuel from filling up on the carburetor bowl, and starve the engine of gas. I would disassemble the carburetor and give it a good cleaning with a can of carburetor cleaner. A lot of times a dirty carburetor causes similar fueling issues on older motorcycles.

It sounds like the gas tank is empty. Switch to the reserve tank by flipping a switch under the gas tank on the left hand side. This will give you enough gas to get to a gas station to fill up the tank. If this does not solve the issue, refer to the troubleshooting guide for additional information.

Daz will be eternally grateful.