Model A1174 with 2 GHz Core Duo or Model A1207 with 2.16 or 2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo

Why isn't my monitor showing but I have sound?

well when powering on my mac there is sound and the light on the monitor comes on but i get no picture what could be the problem?

machead3, why are you downvoting questions like these?? The purpose of downvoting questions is marking bad questions as bad questions. There's nothing wrong with this question! Just because someone doesn't get an answer does not mean the question is bad.

Trying to figure out how to accomplish removing unanswered questions. Down vote them you said, when they get X down votes they'll disappear you said.

It sounds like your GPU video processor may have failed. Hook it up to an external monitor to test the video components. You can also connect it to another Mac via Firewire cable and start it up in Target mode by holding down the "T" key on startup. This will give you access to your hard drive. Please let us know the results of the monitor test and we can proceed.

good answer +

I have the same issue... I can access the computer using Logmein.com and in Target Mode just fine. I have tried replacing the LCD inverter as well as the Display Data cable.

Anybody have any further ideas that I can try?

Please start a new question as your problem may be very different. Thanks

iMac display black or issues

Theres many answers with steps for further diagnosis.

If this answer was helpful please remember to mark it accepted.

Good Luck,

N

Score -1

If you can't answer the question or take the time to do the research, please don't answer. An answer like Search or Google it or Use the Guide is just not helpful.

I'm confused There's all this concern and fuss about unanswered Questions. A search will provide solutions, there's a search box just for that purpose. My directions show how to answer a DIY problem with a DIY Answer. If the person can't do a search what can they do themselves? If they can't take time to search why should I (or you) do it for them?

thefstew will be eternally grateful.