Second generation of iPhone. Model A1241 / 8 or 16 GB capacity / black or white plastic back. Repair is more straightforward than the first iPhone. requires screwdrivers, prying, and suction tools.

Sleep button unresponsive-Restore question

My 3G sleep button is not responding. My question is if I try to restore, will the phone completely restart at the end or just shut down leaving me with no way to power back up?

Thanks for any help!

Thanks for the help anchor, I'll give it a shot

No it will stay on after a restore. Make sure you back it up. Best way to do that it to select password protection in iTunes in the iPhone screen.

Good Luck!

-Varsity

Most Helpful Answer

3G:

For a temporary solution to an unresponsive sleep button, take and squeeze the phone between your thumb and index finger on the right or left side of the receiver (ear speaker) while you press the sleep button. For some reason or another the sleep button will work, while doing the squeeze.

Give it a try, worked for me.

thanks the squeeze worked for me :)

the sqeeze isn't working for me. part of the case broke between the brezel and the sleep button.

thanks mark worked for me!

the squeeze did not work for me. Not sure what to do now.

try starting your own question

mjlam will be eternally grateful.