Repair guides and support for headphones inserted into the ear or ear canal, also known as earbuds, earpods and earphones.

Disassemble the noise cancelation box on Bose QuietComfort 20?

The wire from the box to the earphones got caught on something and tore in half. I want to open the box and resoldier the wires to the box

Most Helpful Answer

I have the connections for the wires which goes towards the earphones. There are total 16 wires which needs to be soldered. If you want the images of the same please provide me your email id and I will email it to you.

Connections for BOSE QC20

Thank you very much! I really appreciate! My mail is: testa_575@hotmail.com

This is great! But I what's the difference between the first and second picture? Two sides of the part? And you say "Blue & Golden" are you referring to two different wires, or the same one with two colors? Thanks! andreboaretto@yahoo.com.br

The 02 pictures are 02 different sides. 1 side has 8 wires and same goes for the back side. Also wherever i have mentioned 02 colours that means the same wire has 02 colours. They are not separate wires. Hope this clarifies your doubt.

This happened to me too. 2nd time the headphone cord ripped out of noise cancellation box after the cable became snagged. I didn't yank it or abuse it just normal day-to-day activities snagged the cable and pulled it loose. I believe this is really a bad design issue. A jack there would make much more sense than soldered connections. Any ideas how to secure it so it doesn't rip. Or give me a short soldered connection with a jack we can plug into and that breaks away easily without destroying >$200 set of headphones! I'm not an electrical engineer so maybe a jack with 8 wires and 16 connections isn't feasible, but I surely am frustrated by this.

Thank you! Please send me your schematics, and I am going to try to solder it back. terenceswee at gmail.com

Hi, Chris!

I hope you resolved problem and fix your headphones?

I was able open this box - housing is opened only by cutting the rubber sheath.

But I have cutted cable from headphones side(torn cable)

And 6 out of 12 cords I have no idea how where to should be connected(

I would be grateful if you could take a picture or paint contacts connected, because I don't have any idea how!

Thank you very much!

Best wishes!

Me too I would need the wiring schematic of the quietcomfort 20, since I break the earphone wire and i am not able to @%^!* the right wiring configuration. If someone has a picture would be really great.

Did anyone solve this problem? I have the same issue.

I just purchased a broken pair of Bose QuietComfort20 earbuds from ebay. The description indicates that the headphone jack was accidentally ripped out of the main board (with the active noise canceling). The photos from this device can be found here: http://imgur.com/yy0gow6 I was able to open these quite easily. I had to peel off the ends which had a sticker type protection over them and then was able to pry the rest of the case open using a razer blade and another sharp straight edge. So, after opening this up I see that it appears to be some kind of black compound/glue on the connections and it appears to be 11 different wires that got ripped off the board. The real question is, how can I tell where they should be reconnected and how should I go about doing it? Any advice, picture or schematic is welcome!

Feel free to email me if you can help :)

halle.92@hotmail.com

Hello.. I have similar issue tip of my jack is broken and ripped off. I wanna replace the jack, will anyone of you have pinout for the Jack handy.. My email abhipan03@gmail.com

Hi can anyone kindly send me the pics or diagram at artxty@yahoo.com

Much appreciated your help. Thanks.

Chris Hamer will be eternally grateful.