What is the difference between a Hybrid SSD and a SSD?

What is the difference between a Hybrid SSD and a SSD? Is one faster than the other?

A hybrid drive (SSHD) is a typical disk HD with a very deep cache using SSD technology.

A straight SSD is faster than a SSHD but not by much when booting.

So would you say that there would be a major benefit of getting an SSD over a SSHD? Also my iMac has a Segate hard drive, I know that iFix It sells Hard Drives for iMacs, but they are made by Segate who had the iMac hard drive recall. Are the hard drives iFix It sell okay to use then? Would you recommend a SSD or a SSHD for my iMac?

Well... Not necessarily. While SSD's offer speed that lack storage space and are costly! (a 1 GB SSD will set you back the same cost as 3~4 1GB SSHD's). I would go with the SSHD in a MacBook Pro system replacing the current HD as the best option here. We have migrated most of our 500 odd laptops to SSHD's now and they all have the Seagate SSHD drive.

What would you recommend for an iMac?

You also are talking about an iMac here that is a different subject. There I recommend if you have a '11 model a dual drive setup using the spare SATA port with a SSD and configure the system as a Fusion drive with your current HD. If on the other hand you are planning on upgrading the current HD I would go with a SSHD as a good upgrade here as well. Unless you want to go with the dual drive setup swapping out the HD and adding the SSD. The only issue here is the builtin thermal sensor of the HD or SSHD needs to support Apples interface. The newest version of the 3.5" Seagate SSHD supports the Apple sensor natively. If you use most other drives you'll need a special cable from OWC (again this is the '11 model I'm speaking of).

The older models can use any HD, but you may need to swap out the power cable depending on the model. And lastly, you do need to make sure the given systems SATA port I/O speed is the same as the HD's SATA spec. Don't try running a SATA III (6.0 Gb/s) HD in a system that has a SATA II (3.0 Gb/s) SATA port or a SATA I (1.5 Gb/s) port.

Steven will be eternally grateful.