Cooler Master's mechanical gaming keyboard. Released with Cherry MX switches.

I don't like the loud sound when I type.

I recently bought this keyboard and its noise is extremely loud. Is there any way to reduce the noise?

Thank you.

Most Helpful Answer

This keyboard has Cherry MX Switches, a type of mechanical switch which, admittedly, can get pretty loud. Do you know what sort of switch you have? The greens and blues can get quite loud, and the browns are nothing to scoff at, either.

You should know that as you become used to the keyboard, you learn where in the stroke the key is triggered and can stop after that point. Much of the noise in a mechanical keyboard comes from bottoming out the keys when you're still inexperienced with their feel. As you grow more used to the keys, this will change.

If the noise is still too much to bear, you can buy o-rings for them. They dampen the sound at the cost of affecting the feel of the keys (and the travel distance). Some people love them, though, and they seem pretty effective at toning down load mech switches.

Yes, you can. If you'd like to make the keyboard more quiet without replacing the keyboard's switches, you can follow this guide to install O-rings on your keyboard. However, if you'd like to replace the switches themselves, you can follow this guide. If you'd like to see more information about the device, you can look at its troubleshooting page.

Sukhyun Baik will be eternally grateful.