keyboard compatibility Between A1278 and A1342

Can anybody tell me if the unibody keyboard on A1278 fits the A1342. I want to try to light up my unibody wit the keyboard. Please help. Cheers!

You'd need more than just a keyboard to pull that upgrade off.

There 's no circuitry on the logic board to drive the A1278 keyboard backlight... and changing just the keyboard alone is IMHO an Need to replace keyboard...

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it.

I've opened couple of times my mac, striped down almost everything on it,indeed, it's a pain. I know there must be a connector for the keyboard to light it up and my main board doesn't have that connector. Well, will get a pro and get rid of this thought ^_^. Thanks for the fast reply. Cheers!!

I'd like to know, barring the backlight, is it possible to make the keyboard of a 1278 work on a 1342?

The solo keyboards are much cheaper and I want to create a cool hybrid.

Yes it is possible.

Keyboard from A1278 works fine on A1342, but! The light layer do it Fat, and that may be problem.

the light layer powered on 14-18V and need to use additional Led driver, because motherboard on A1342 not have it.

you may light up A1342 but without keyboard light regulation

Greuceanu will be eternally grateful.