Nintendo's upgraded version of the Nintendo 3DS. It features bigger screens, longer battery life, and a better design.

How to fix bent charging port on 3DS XL?

My cat knocked my 3DS XL off of a dresser while it was charging, and the piece inside of the charging port is now bent. The charger can go in if I wiggle it a little bit, and the system is getting a charge, but the more i use the system, the more I notice that the charger easily comes out. It used to firmly stay it. How do I fix this?

Most Helpful Answer

Best bet would be replace the charging port, this requires disassembling the device and desoldering the old port, then soldering a new one, it's not as hard as people think as long as you have basic soldering skills. :]

Could you link me to a guide if possible? I've never opened a 3DS (other than to replace battery.) Also a link to where I can buy a charging port. I can't seem to find one.

The charging plug.

http://www.amazon.com/Socket-Connector-C...

And for a guide just search on youtube. :D

Heck, you don't even need basic soldering skills. Fixing one of these was the first thing I had ever soldered.

Ryan Bonomo will be eternally grateful.