Released August, 2010. Identified by part number: 884354009250.

One channel is not recording properly. Can I fix it?

The L channel input isn't working. It seems to be picking up some low levels signal of some sort every now and then, and on playback there appears to be an almost silent low level recording, but the usable recording is effectively mono (R channel only)

I've opened it to try and see if there is a loose connection, but there is none that I can see, which makes it seem like the problem might be electrical / with the logic board.

Is this fixable at all? And if so, how?

And, if not by me, then where could I send/take it to be repaired? (I'm based in London)

The recorder is no longer under warranty, but I really don't want to have to trash it / replace it with a new one. I'm positive there must be some way of repairing it. Really hoping the answer can be found in this helpful forum!

I have a same recorder and encountered the same problem after using it for a while, my recorder was used intensely with the Line-In plug and it look like it could be a mechanical issue - the contacts that were switching recording from Line-In to External-Stereo-Mics somehow are busted,

it is very easy to check this out and you can try a local electronics repair shop near you - tell them about these Line In plug to have it checked if it is working normally.

sheila will be eternally grateful.