The HTC One (codenamed M7) is HTC's 2013 flagship smartphone. It features a seamlessly designed unibody aluminum frame, large dual front-facing speakers, and a 4.7-inch 1080p display.

Why will my battery not hold a charge?

Using my phone like normal, the past few days has resulted in my battery being dramatically drained. I have to charge my phone a lot more during the day then as usual.

The Essential Toolkit

The most helpful tools in our most compact kit.

The Essential Toolkit

Most Helpful Answer

Your battery may not be holding a charge because it could have been by fall or water damage. Any damage to your battery may cause a phone to no longer hold a charge. Also, it could be the charger input or the charger itself is damaged. Check out our troubleshooting page at HTC One M7 Troubleshooting for a detailed description. However, the main things would be check your charger, check your wall outlet, reset the charging logic, or replace the battery.

My phone us charged at 100 per cent when i unplug the phone and dont use it loses the charge

Have you checked the battery usage history? Sometimes I get a rouge app like Facebook Messenger that eats a large portion of my battery and I have to force stop it. Apps that use location services can be pretty power hungry too.

That being said, if there's nothing suspicious in your battery usage history, it could very well be a battery defect. If that's the case, Jeremy left some pretty good suggestions to resolve it.

My wife has 2 HTC One Androids. The first one you could charge 100% unplug it not open it all night and have 30% battery the next morning which tells me something is draining it. After continuing to have issues since she loves the phone I bought another one right out of the box and it does the same thing. At my wits end... If anyone has any ideas please share.. Thank you in advance for your help!!

Yeah, something might be draining the battery. Try these things.

1) Turn vibration off for notifications as vibrations need more power to get operated

2) Turn off Bluetooth, data and other connectives when not in use

3) Do not charge your phone overnight as it reduces battery life

4) Use cache clearing apps to clean up RAM and background Apps

There are quite number of tips that you can follow.  You can check this link which I found best https://www.pricekart.com/blog/tricks-to...

Suggestion: If your phone battery drains very frequently even after following above tips then it is the time to replace the battery with a new battery. Make sure the new battery is original and branded.

How do I buy a new battery and how much

I charged my flip phone yesterday alacter & this morning I am having to charge it again why?

My battery won't stay charged

My phone won’t hold a charge, what can I do??

I have a iPhone 6s two years old,when plugged in it fully charges ok for awhil e and then slowly starts to drain down thanks

AJ Skiles will be eternally grateful.