Does the iPhone 6 have a Liquid Contact Indicator?

Did Apple put Liquid Contact Indicators in the iPhone 6 or 6+?

From the tear down images I've seen I don't see one.

Most Helpful Answer

Yes, on the tip of the logic board.

Interesting. I have not noticed it. So a Genius would have to lift the screen to check this indicator. Thanks.

The external LDI is located in the SIM card Slot.

The only External LDI indicator for the Iphone 6/6P is in the SIM card slot. It is hard to see on the darker models. It is located on the case tucked behind the inner edge of where the SIM trey slides in.

Yes, it does take a look at this article Apple made, it shows you where some of the liquid contact indicators are located. There are two others internally, here is a picture that shows you where one is: link and there is one right next to the SIM card slot (that one is considered external because you can see it without having to open the phone.

watch this

with green circle

Yes. And when you fish one out of an RV toilet it is bright red. It is pretty easy to lift the screen of the 6 and even without a sticker water damage is obvious.

Is replacing a full logic board a good idea if the external(SIM card) LCI is tripped and the one on the logic board is tripped? I have a client willing to replace a board on an iPhone which has been through the washing machine.

Go S will be eternally grateful.