A water-resistant fitness tracking wristband by Fitbit, released May 2013.

My wristband is coming apart at the seam. Will Fitbit replace it?

Separation at the seam.

I sent an e-mail to the customer service and they did get back to me with an offer to replace my wristband. It did take a few days. I have also used superglue, duct tape and nail polish to repair my broken bands, and it does help in the short term.

I also bought a Charge in December 2014. Six months later the band was pulling away from device. I contacted them and they send me a replacement very quickly. Here it is less than a year and the band is pulling away on both sides. I contacted FitBit and all they would offer me was 25% off a new FitBit. I think this is unacceptable. It is a defect in their product. They should offer a better solution for defective products.

Doris the exact same thing happened to me with my Fitbit. I also bought mine in December 2014 and 5 months later the band was pulling apart. At that time Fitbit sent me a replacement. Now 10 months later the same thing happened and they will only offer me the 25% discount. I do love my Fitbit but do not want to spend that kind of money for a product that only last about 10 months.

My Fitbit Charge has done the same thing. The band has pulled apart. Call customer service and all they would do is offer me 25% off purchase of a new Fitbit, no replacement band. I agree that it is poor customer service/quality product. I love my Fitbit too, but won't buy a new Fitbit because poor quality band. Mine is just over 1 year old and I take very good care of it.

Same here. I wear my Fitbit every day & 6 months later my band was pulling apart at the seems. 1 year later it completely fell apart. :( Won't be buying that again.

Most Helpful Answer

Not sure what their policy is. You can try contacting their support team: http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Have you tried gluing the band back together?

Mine breaking too. But I have one spare band came in the box. I have seen them selling bands of different colors. So I guess they will not replace free of cost.

No replacement bands for the Charge

I just chatted with them and they are sending me a replacement band for my Charge 2. Thank you for posting this. It was very helpful.

I have 2 bands that came apart within 2 weeks of each other. I contacted Fitbit support with backup photos on the website and they have replaced both. Very fast service too but I think they really need to review the design as it comes apart so easily. This is my 4th replacement. The replacement bands they will send to Europe and Australia but not Asia (where I live) so I had them delivered to my friend in UK and she will bring them for me. If someone could design a better wristband, they could make a lot of money out of it! I would be first in the queue!!!

BTW I was referring to Fitbit Flex

I have Fitbit Charge and the band on each side of the dial has pulled away. What should I do? Band is not interchangeable.

I have had the same problem. FitBit will replace your device up to the one year warranty....after that, the best they can offer is the 25% discount. It is inconvenient that it doesn't hold up better, but in my experience, the replacements I received made the purchase worth it.

But, to sort of help with this problem, I have found that secondary band covers like the one linked below works. It helps prevent that pulling because there is less pressure on the screws holding it together, and it covers the breakage when it does happen. Not ideal, but it's fairly cheap and does help. This is the one I have for my Charge HR.

http://www.amazon.com/Sister-Fitbit-Char...

Yes, they will give you a new device if it is covered under warranty. Fitbit was really kind and gave me a hassle free replacement as my Charge HR's band was bubbling and was coming off. They required me to destroy the old band and mail a photographic evidence of the same, since they didn't have a service station in my home town. try mailing their customer support.

They were very good about replacing mine. Actually I'm now on my second replacement. I asked about an upgrade option, which doesn't exist at the moment. I was also told that they have changed the material and the bubbling issue should continue with the replacement. I am skeptical that I won't have an issue with the replacement.

Everyone seems to be having bad luck with customer service. I have had the opposite. My first charge only lasted 6 months and they sent me a brand new one. My second lasted about 4 months and they sent me a new Alta. My wife also got her broken charge replaced with a new Alta. Same goes for my in-laws. We have all had our charges replaced with Alta's, no questions asked. I have been very happy with their customer service, I call with a problem and have a new Fitbit in about a week!

Fitbit Blaze Replacement Band

I like this interesting article about wristband. I also use the wristband watch. Its very useful for me. Thanks for sharing.

If the Fitbit is still covered under warranty there should be no problem.

No they won't They will offewr you a 25% off to a new fit bit. I just used super glue and it seems to be working but once it breaks I wont be buying a new fit bit try a new brand. Not happy with Fit bit at all

It is amazing that after 3 years this issue continues, even with the Charge II. I had the same problem as well as my sister. Would love to see a class action lawsuit against them.

Robert will be eternally grateful.