Released in June 2013, the Lumia 925 features a 4.5" 768 x 1280 resolution screen, dual-core processor, and 1 GB of RAM.

Bad Motherboard / Mobile Dead

my lumia 925 is not responding / or even blinking while charging .. its dead . .I have contacted nokia care they said its issue with the mother board and it cost around 80% of the mobile phone.. so got my mobile back ..

I can't believe Nokia making such crap stuff now a days! Same problem my nokia lumia 925 comes with 1year warranty and exact after 1 year its dead! now just blinking windows key when i connect charger or connect to the computer! It's Dead and i should change the entire BOARD! %#*@ nokia!

Bro if you solved your lumia 925 problem please tell me because I have same problem mail me at tpandey48@gmail.com

have you replaced the motherboard?? i have the same problem :(

reply me in aditya5285@gmail.com

Guys... Same problem with My Lumia 925... Motherborad is very expensive in Nokia store, is there any other solution ?

Plz reply me on aju.mit@gmail.com

even i am facing the same problem.. phone dead.. tried everything battery replacement etc.. but motherboard wENT bad...

Most Helpful Answer

More than likely Nokia just wants to sell you a new phone. I would guess that a fairly cheap part such as the battery needs replaced, or possible the usb charging port but not the motherboard. These phone manufactures want you to buy new not fix what you have.

Lithium ion batteries are great but they will not last too long without proper care. You should always use the correct charger for a battery, while most wall and usb chargers will charge your battery, some provide the battery with to much current and some with not enough which in time can cause the battery to fail, and not hold the proper charge. You may have a 3.7v or 3.8 li-ion battery, but if the battery voltage goes below a certain voltage(usually under 2.75) the battery will put itself into a protective mode, which most people would assume its dead. Also a battery which is rated at 3.7v usually won't power on the device once it drops below 3.4v or less.

Unless water damage is involved I would guess the motherboard wasn't the problem.

I have the same problem. But not out of the blue, I did play with the mainboard while it was installing an update.

I shaked the metal cover on top of the processor to remove it, but forgot to unscrew the metal piece keeping it in place. So, the metal cover probably got in contact with some elements on the mainboard and burned them by short-circuiting.

I didn't hear any sound or seen any smoke like I did when I burned a PCB of an RC helicopter I short-circuited :/

And, the repair place couldn't fix it by replacing the main board and they are going to send it back (I sent it to a non-authorized place since it was obviously out of warranty). I was thinking of sending my L925 to an authorized repair place, but do you think I should try replacing the battery?

Because when I remove the battery and plug the USB charger in, the windows logo blinks. It doesn't do that with battery connected. And, I can easily and successfully flash it via Windows Device Recovery Tool.

@Omer Faruk Bingol. Did the first repair shop tell you if they tried a different battery with your motherboard or the replacent board? I own the lumia 928 and have not had any issues with the motherboard just software issues after updates. Seems many owners of the 925 are not so lucky and their boards fail. My guess for all the bricked motherboards is Microsoft related. You may want to try a new battery, as the way you described your problem could indicate that the battery may not be supplying enough voltage to power the phone. If you have access to a multimeter I would test the voltage of your current battery to see what voltage it is at before buying a new battery. It showing the logo on screen when the USB charger is connected could be a battery related issue. I do find it odd that a replacement board would not work. They may not have tried a different battery or do not own a benchtop adjustable voltage DC power supply to power on the phone without a battery. May be worth trying a new battery.

It turns out, that the first shop didn't try a new board, they said they think it's a CPU issue and didn't bother trying a new board since it will cost nearly as much as a new phone. They didn't say whether they tried it with a new battery or not.

Also, when connected to PC with USB without battery, it doesn't display the windows logo, I meant it flashes the start key once and plays a beep sound.

I will try it with a new battery and share my results.

I am also facing the same problem with lumia 925. It is 1 year and 4 months old. While it is connected to wall charger, the reset process (Volume down + power button) shown blinking of windows logo but the phone doesn't start. When removed from charger, even this doesn't happen. And when connected to computer/laptop, it shows driver not installed successfully.

Now whether repair of such kind is possible or it's just a dead brick.

Do u have the,mobile

same happened with me after two year use of nokia lumia 925 i bought in dec-2013, one kids playing subway surfer and mobile got heat after one hour i use fb than mobile hanged i restart mobile by using volume and lock key button but than only nokia symbol pop-up and than dead... nokia care said that they will send mobile at banglore for reparing and service charge will be cost about Rs.9000/- so denied and got back and given at pvt repair shop but they couldn't repair it.

Hi Friends, i got this problem today from a customer. same time i was reading your messages regarding this issue. the solution is very simple, unscrew the phone take out the motherboard from the phone and set the temperature on 409C and give heat to the power ic for not more then 30 sec. and then let phone cool down. your phone will start work, then may you need to reinstall the software. for any problem you can contact with me on mrwho005@gmail.com

thanks

You have to be very careful with this since you could melt the Main-board if left in past 30 seconds. Also the solder might flow off of the main-boards components or the components might actually fall off the main-board while in the oven.

yes not on one location you will give like round round from the IC

What temperature do you mean by 409C ? Celcius ? how to do that ?

Thanks for your support.

This is ridiculous. How can Microsoft be ignorant of this issue when its affecting so many users. When a automatic software update could crash a boot loader, Microsoft should be liable to fix this with some sort of solution.

This is a classic smartphone with amazing camera (not comparable to any other iPhone or android phones even today in the market).

I have had this phone Nokia Lumia 925 since 2 years until I ran into the same problem day before yesterday. I spent 2 sleepless night to bring this up in every possible way but in vain.

Phone detected as QHSUSB_DLOAD in PC. When its detected in "Care Suite emergency connectivity mode" there should be some possible way to flash the device and restore it.

Downloaded the firmware to flash the loader.

1. Nokia Care Suite - not able to flash

2. windows device recovery - not able to flash

3. Thor2.exe: - FAILED

Sending OPEN_MULTI_REQ

Message send failed with error code 8

Failed to get response to OPEN_MULTI_REQ

ALPHA EMERGENCY FLASH END

Emergency messaging closed successfully

Operation took about 11.00 seconds.

THOR2_EMERGENCYFLASHV1_ERROR_MSG_SEND_RECEIVE_FAILED

THOR2 1.8.2.17 exited with error code 85021 (0x14C1D)

--------------------

so no luck yet...

I am agreeing that Microsoft is at fault for all the hard bricked devices. They always release buggy updates that cause issues. I loved Nokia until they teamed up with Microsoft. Microsoft makes such junk nowadays and they charge a high price for their junk. I love Linux or android as they are free OS and are so much better in so many ways. I have the lumia 928 and only use it for the camera. I prefer my HTC one m8 for everything else. Its the android version thankfully. I have it rooted and have a multirom bootloader which allows you to install multiple ROMs and you can chose which ROM to boot into at start up. I have four different ROMs on the HTC m8 at the moment and used to have seven ROMs but erased the ones I did not care for. Can't do that on a windows phone. Will never buy another Microsoft product if I can help it. My 928 has had many issues after applying Microsoft updates. Browsers are always crashing and other issues but it still boots up which is a surprise.

Leave it to Microsoft to make a device go worse by updating it! The original firmware Nokia Phones come with makes them buttery smooth. Right until you update it. And I even think that the new fuss about making all WP8.1 devices upgraded to W10M is going to be a mass crackdown of almost all Windows Phone devices that will cause the WP to end as we know. I just remembered Concorde's horrific crash. MSFT is already doing tryouts by bricking people's phones with Insider updates.

Did any of you change the Sim Card or Memory stick? Or Both.

I have the same issue with Lumia 925. The authorised dealer says mother board has to be replaced and the cost will be equal to a new phone. Please suggest if someone found a solution.

Same problem with my 925 too....Please suggest if there is any solution to repair the phone. Also please suggest if there is any way I can get back contacts , photos and other data. I didnt sync the photos to my live account

i am having the same issue looks like the problem is with motherboard (what i have been told my nokia care guys) the device is not responding at all when i put it on charging then sometimes the windows button start to light but not everytime .....

so please help me up ....if anybody has found any solution yet

I am also facing same issue in my Lumia 925, and i have also tried all solutions which are available on internet, and authorized service center also but no luck.

Now i am contacting lumia support for this issue via twitter they may be give solution now they ask me for 48-72 Hr to check the solution.

All of you guys can also do this and support me to fight for the solution for our mobile.

You can follow me on twitter @nkdayma

Please support me to get solution from Microsoft.

I am also facing same issues as above. Motherboard collapsed due to overload. Mobile repair shop could not help anything. If NOKIA advise to go with care centre, please let me know the location or authorized service centre in Kuwait. My Mobile No. +965 9962 1786 and my email id - shanmugaf3@yahoo.com

I cannot open my phone since 12 hrs , try to down load the apps then creushed occurs help me

pl help me to save my data

urgent I am dr

I am facing the same problem with my Nokia Lumia 1320. As it got dead, never got repaired from the sevice center and Head Office of Nokia in Bengluru. They asked me for 10000/- rupees but after that told me that motherboard can not be repaired from the head Office as well. What kind of device they are providing as they don't have the repair and solution for it.......

My Nokia Lumia 925 has the same story as you guys... One fine day it died for no reason.

I googled and tried all the possible solution to boot my phone.. but nothing worked. Service centre asked for 80% of the phone cost to fix the problem which seems to be get fooled again for the same piece of crap..

Looking at the other posts here it looks like the poor quality components must have used in Lumia 925

Never expected from Nokia.. Very disappointed.

Bobby will be eternally grateful.