The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a multi-touch, slate-format smartphone with eye-tracking ability, increased storage, and a wireless charging option.

Removed shattered glass, a few scratches + alternative to isopropyl?

Just got done removing a badly cracked and shattered glass from an S3. There are a few small scratches near the top area where the glass was shattered the most. The scratches are very small but noticeable as they produce funny rainbow-y artifacts (noticeable when phone is close to the eyes/ on bright colours) when the LCD is on. Is there anything I could do to remove these scratches and/or stop these effects from happening?

Also what could I use as an alternative to isopropyl alcohol as its very difficult and expensive to get in the UK?

Thanks.

Kman1706, there is really nothing you can do. Neither isopropyl alcohol not any other substance will remove scratches. That is one of the major downfall about the glass removal, it can and does scratch the LCD. May be a screen protector might change the hue a bit and conceal the effect.

Kman1706 will be eternally grateful.