The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

The touch is erratic even after several screen changes?

Hello my Ifixit family!

Received a Iphone 5C that a customer wanted to change the screen on, nothing unusual..

First thing I noticed was the water sensor on the back of the LCD was a little pink. I switched over the parts and put on the new screen and everything seemed to work fine.

Then, 2-3minutes later of testing the screen started acting very erratic. It was extremely sensitive to the point where I could use an app without even touching the screen (simply hover my finger directly over the screen resulted in the app starting up)

I've switched out the screen 4-5times now, sadly I don't have another unit to test the screens with though. However I'd also like to point out that the 2 of the screens are from a different batch. So I can't imagine the problem being screen.

Any ideas? I tend to only restore the phone as a last result thing..

I have a similar thing but it has happened with multiple iPhone 5Cs. None of the iPhones are liquid damaged but i have had a few where the screen is just erratic a few hours after changing it. I have tried screens which I know 100% worked before but the customer still comes back and says that the screen is erratic. I'm tearing my hair out! Is it a software issue?

Hello there only a problem iv ever seen on the iPhone 5.

Can u turn the phone on when the screen is at a 70 degree angle and see does it still ghost touch

Hej Con, thanks for the answer.

When the phone screen is lifted at aprox 70* I could not recreate the ghost touch problem. I tried for aprox 5min and it worked the entire time.

Ok something is shorting the screen out when layed flat see in the pic does your screens come with the black tape over the circle in red?

That was my initial thought as well, however it is indeed covered with tape. There is also still black tape covering the vibrator in the upper left corner.

Alexander will be eternally grateful.