iPhone 3G

Second generation of iPhone. Model A1241 / 8 or 16 GB capacity / black or white plastic back. Repair is more straightforward than the first iPhone. requires screwdrivers, prying, and suction tools.

How can I replace/clean the home button?

Some tea damaged my iPhone 3G home button, and sometimes it is not working. Can i clean it somehow?

Most Helpful Answer

sure you can clean it - and if you're lucky it would work again

first of all, get some isopropyl alcohol (>90%) or some electronics cleaner and a soft paintbrush. you will also need soe tools to open the iPhone. use the logic board guide to disassemble the phone, the needed tools are listed in the guide.

open the phone and clean every odd loking spot (white/greenish residue) with the ipa and the paintbrush, be careful, the parts are tiny. take special care around the home button, let it dry and then reassemble it - good luck

Mentioned Items

As I know, the home button is located on the frontpanel.... How can I clean that? Thank you

by Kertvellesy Laszlo

The home button contacts are "outside" the frontpanel - ant the important part, the other side of the contacts are still on the logic board ;-)

by markus weiher

btw, how /what is the ways to replace the home button which located at the front panel as you do not provide the specific guide. please. Thank you

by ljunmun

he provided a guide

by dan z

use the logic board guide to disassemble the phone,

by dan z

Kertvellesy Laszlo will be eternally grateful.