The Epson Stylus Photo 1400 Inkjet Printer prints high quality prints of up to 13" x 19". In addition, it supports cd/dvd printing.

Printer is ejecting paper without printing.

does it just run through or does it make noise like as if it were printing and not print

I have this problem too, and it's driving me nuts. Usually when I'm using thicker media, like pre-scored business cards the printer will print maybe 1, then the next 5 or 6 will just roll through without printing. I makes no noise as if printing, it just ejects straight through. Once in a while it wont grab the paper, and once in a while it will print, but for every print it will eject about 6 or 7. It's really annoying, and with these pre-scored cards every run through loosens the cards and makes them liable to jam. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, it would save me mucho stress.

I have an Epson XP310. It keeps telling me to load paper when there is paper loaded. I don't know what to do. Nothing in the user guide helps.

I have the same problem with an R2400 (which is the same printer, only wider -- aka the repair manual covers both machines.)

I've checked the PE Sensor (Paper Edge) on mine and it seems to be functioning correctly, 0.128V when paper is present, 3.16V when absent. So that's not it. I've heard that this problem can also be caused by a timing error -- ie. if the paper edge doesn't reach PE Sensor within a certain amount of time, it will eject the paper. I don't know . . . mine seems to feed as soon as the roller turns. So I don't know if that's the problem either.

Do either of these sound similar to your problem?

There are multiple possible problems with your printer.

1st: You may have formatted the document or item you are trying to print incorrectly. If you are printing from a web browser, make sure that you have selected the right area you want to print and preview it before you print it.

2nd: Your ink cartridge may also be obstructed/blocked by a foreign object.

3rd: Your cables connecting the computer and the printer, or some internal cabling may be damaged, and would require a replacement or a repair.

If you need a more specific answer, please provide more information.

have this problem too, and it's driving me nuts. Usually when I'm using thicker media, like pre-scored business cards the printer will print maybe 1, then the next 5 or 6 will just roll through without printing. I makes no noise as if printing, it just ejects straight through. Once in a while it wont grab the paper, and once in a while it will print, but for every print it will eject about 6 or 7. It's really annoying, and with these pre-scored cards every run through loosens the cards and makes them liable to jam. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, it would save me mucho stress.

My 1400 had been printing posters on heavy (68#) paper just fine. Then I tried the third poster in a series. Nothing. Same as the other posts. You could tell the printer was trying to sense the edge, then out would come the paper. I switched to my WF-7520: same problem. Tried thin paper thinking the bend in the 7520 might be to much for the heavy paper. No luck. Closed Photoshop and tried again. Same thing. Then the light came on! Or, maybe, the baseball bat hit me in the head. The poster had layers. On an outside chance, I 'flattened' the layers and tried again. Success! Something about the layers caused the problem on two Epson, wide format printers. When I flattened the layers and saved the poster as a jpeg (the saving may not have made a difference, but I was being safe!), everything worked just fine.

Mine starts to pull the paper in then stops. If I nudge it the paper just ejects. The red light comes on and the status says 'out of paper'.

I can't even print a test page or a nozzle check page. I have run the 'clean heads' function 4 times and I have new cartridges installed and they reflect 'full' on the status page..

Surprisingly I was able to solve this issue on my printer. The problem turned out to be too much friction in the mechanism. Cams and levers made of plastic had worn and become rough. It was a big job, but I took it apart and lubricated all surfaces which slide past each other. None of the sensors or anything major was wrong with it at all. Purely mechanical. Of course, the real solution would have been to make it from something which would tolerate sliding longer -- like metal, or eliminate sliding parts from the design.

So no, cleaning the heads will merely use up ink.

Good luck getting yours fixed.

Ares was doing same thing we just moved the plastic a little on the left side that the paper sits against works like new good luck

Bart Baccarne will be eternally grateful.