The Epson Stylus Photo 1400 Inkjet Printer prints high quality prints of up to 13" x 19". In addition, it supports cd/dvd printing.

Printer is ejecting paper without printing.

does it just run through or does it make noise like as if it were printing and not print

I have this problem too, and it's driving me nuts. Usually when I'm using thicker media, like pre-scored business cards the printer will print maybe 1, then the next 5 or 6 will just roll through without printing. I makes no noise as if printing, it just ejects straight through. Once in a while it wont grab the paper, and once in a while it will print, but for every print it will eject about 6 or 7. It's really annoying, and with these pre-scored cards every run through loosens the cards and makes them liable to jam. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, it would save me mucho stress.

I have an Epson XP310. It keeps telling me to load paper when there is paper loaded. I don't know what to do. Nothing in the user guide helps.

Hi did you fix this issue? I have the exact same issue but it's on my Epsom 1500 printer, and the messed up thing about it is when it ejects the paper it leaves roller damaged mark on it. Is there something you recommend?

Hi I fixed the issue, this is due to a dusty roller, put on some gloves and splash a little water on your finger and then run it through the roller until it's dust free, this worked for me.

Most Helpful Answer

Mine does this as well. To fix it, I run an Epson cleaning sheet through the printer a few times and it starts working again. Unfortunately, this is only a temp fix and the problem will return after a few prints.

I've done same thing.. New ink. everything on it cleaned. Paper made for epson440. Watched every thing I could on YouTube. Read everything I could find on computer, even wrote it all down so I would do exactly what it says. I have had a tech work on it, twice, worse now then it was. If I heard about it I tried it, I bought my HP laptop 10 same time I bought my Epson 440, so that's not it. Google Cloud print ready on Epson. Really thinking about that, but what if it gets messed up because of whatever is wrong now? Restored back to original still no luck. It worked great for 4 Months. I'm tired of trying for some kind of miracle. Thank You for at least reading me complain . I don't have the money to get another one, we saved for 3 months. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO LISTEN. My Husband is a disabled vet. 23 years he lived on a boat. We are on fixed income with 2 kids. Hope you can help.

Hello! Most likely - you need to replace feed roller and retard rollers there. You probably can order them online. I've been replaced them on Epson 1410 model, but that was long ago.

I was also able to solve the above issue by carefully removing the rubber from the rollers, applied a few layers of scotch tape on the plastic and reinstalling the rubber. It works like new.

There are multiple possible problems with your printer.

1st: You may have formatted the document or item you are trying to print incorrectly. If you are printing from a web browser, make sure that you have selected the right area you want to print and preview it before you print it.

2nd: Your ink cartridge may also be obstructed/blocked by a foreign object.

3rd: Your cables connecting the computer and the printer, or some internal cabling may be damaged, and would require a replacement or a repair.

If you need a more specific answer, please provide more information.

have this problem too, and it's driving me nuts. Usually when I'm using thicker media, like pre-scored business cards the printer will print maybe 1, then the next 5 or 6 will just roll through without printing. I makes no noise as if printing, it just ejects straight through. Once in a while it wont grab the paper, and once in a while it will print, but for every print it will eject about 6 or 7. It's really annoying, and with these pre-scored cards every run through loosens the cards and makes them liable to jam. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, it would save me mucho stress.

My 1400 had been printing posters on heavy (68#) paper just fine. Then I tried the third poster in a series. Nothing. Same as the other posts. You could tell the printer was trying to sense the edge, then out would come the paper. I switched to my WF-7520: same problem. Tried thin paper thinking the bend in the 7520 might be to much for the heavy paper. No luck. Closed Photoshop and tried again. Same thing. Then the light came on! Or, maybe, the baseball bat hit me in the head. The poster had layers. On an outside chance, I 'flattened' the layers and tried again. Success! Something about the layers caused the problem on two Epson, wide format printers. When I flattened the layers and saved the poster as a jpeg (the saving may not have made a difference, but I was being safe!), everything worked just fine.

Ares was doing same thing we just moved the plastic a little on the left side that the paper sits against works like new good luck

After having the same issue of passing the paper through, I found there is a maintenance setting (WF-3620) to clean the paper sensor and the roller. I did both and have progressed to cleaning the heads. I purchased the printer from Goodwill, so I do not have new printer cartridges. However, I now have the confidence to purchase them.

Tried everything to fix this problem and it turned out to be the file size. When I compressed the photos, it seemed to work.

I have Epson 1410. I tried to print CD it indicated Wrong setup. I stopped printing and eject CD try and immediately paper red light stated flashing. After inserting paper and pressed the paper button, the roll run continuously ejecting paper and paper look light still flash. Have switched off and on severally. Finally it ended up flashing both Paper and ink red light.

I have exactly the same problem with my Epson L220. I am about to give up and accept the fact that the printer was not designed to print on thick paper. However I was able to solve the problem by removing the rubber (both the upper and lower) from the plastic holder (whatever they are called) applied a few layer of sticky tape (they sometimes called them magic tape) to the holder, reinstalled the rubber and viola the printer works again on thick paper.

I was a little confused. i know there are steel rods holding that rubber roller. Are you referring to these "rubber" parts? Would it be possible that you send me a photo of the parts you are referring to? bcar@hol.gr

I have one of the newest epson printers with the fancy refillable ink: and I found a solution: roughen up one edge of the paper so it can grip it. I spent an hour yelling crying and begging with it to take the %#*@ paper and not just spit it out like this and I finally figured might as well try this…I am almost done printing my save the dates for the wedding now….no thanks to the fancy printer that we bought figuring this wouldn’t be an issue with a newer printer

Bart Baccarne will be eternally grateful.