Possibly shorted iPhone 5s battery connector, now it will not charge

So I probably messed up bad, but thought I would ask just in case....

I was undoing the battery connector from the iphone 5s logic board and, without thinking, used a metal spudger to do it and accidentally touched the metal rails that go from the connector into the logic board. I did see a small spark when this happened. After that, I put the phone back together and the phone would not power on. I plugged in the lightening cable and saw the icon showing that the battery was completely dead and needed charging, though before this happened it was around 40%. I then swapped batteries with a brand new one, and it powered on normally. However, the battery % will not go any higher even though the icon shows up when plugged in on the top right that show's it is plugged in.

My thinking is that I screwed up the battery connector on the logic board, is there any hope outside of replacing the logic board? And if a replacement is needed any advice on where to get a replacement would be much helpful.

Most Helpful Answer

Cheap answer. But a battery and test it. More expensive answer. Send it to Jessa Jones. She can fix your current logic board, as opposed to buying a new logic board.

I have done exactly the same thing. Probably just need a new battery and it will nee fully discharging and then charging up. Maybe the battery indicator has messed up.

I did the same on the iphone 5 I tried to press down on the cellular antenna but the battery connector is really close. I cannot see any black marks or any damage on the board so hopefully I have just blown the battery.

Will Schmuck, this will depend on where you shorted out the components. Without proper troubleshooting, you are going down a wicked rabbithole. Check for any component that looks charred, missing or otherwise damaged. If you do not find anything you will have to have a meter, the schematic and will have to meter the components for shortcircuit etc.

Will Schmuck will be eternally grateful.