Mid 2006 / model number A1181 / black or white case / 1.83 or 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo processor.

How do I fix a wobbly screen?

My White MacBook 1.83GHZ Core Duo screen is wobbly when opening. I'm afraid it might snap off. How do I fix this thing?

Hey Tim,

It's tough to tell what's happening from your description. Is the plastic damaged? Are the hinges just loose? Maybe give us some more info to go on, or check out our MacBook Core Duo guides for some exploratory surgery. The left and right hinge mounts might be a good place to start, it may be as simple as tightening some loose screws, or replacing worn hinges. Best of luck!

Sounds like the hinge screws have loosened up either in the body or in the lid assembly.

Follow the IFIXIT guides to open the system to get to the hinges. Then you can carefully place a bit of fingernail polish onto the screw threads or get Loktite thread sealer (blue) to help prevent the screws from loosing up again.

....and since the top case is removed I would also tighten all the inside screws.

Tim will be eternally grateful.