seized motor removal with transmission
1999 Nissan Pathfinder Broken tie rods jammed into crank. Cannot remove. How do I remove the engine?
Is this a good question?
Ron, that is a lot to ask for on here. I strongly suggest that you either purchase a service manual or get one from your local library. This is the way the manual suggest:"
1. Release fuel pressure.
Refer to EC-56, “Fuel pressure release”.
2. Remove engine hood and front RH and LH wheels.
3. Remove engine undercover and suspension member stay.
4. Drain coolant from radiator.
5. Remove the following parts.
I Radiator shroud
I Radiator: Refer to LC-22, “REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION”.
I Cooling fan
I Drive belts
I Engine cover
I Air duct with air cleaner case
6. Disconnect vacuum hoses, fuel hoses, heater hoses, EVAP canister hoses, harnesses, connectors and so on.
7. Remove air conditioner compressor from bracket, then put it aside holding with a suitable wire.
8. Remove power steering oil pump and reservoir tank with bracket, then put it aside holding with a suitable wire.
9. Remove alternator.
10. Remove exhaust front tube heat insulators, then remove rear heated oxygen sensors.
11. Remove exhaust front and rear tubes.
Refer to FE-9, “Removal and Installation”.
12. Remove transmission.
Refer to AT-273, MT-7, “Removal”.
13. Remove TWC (manifold) heat insulators, then remove TWC (manifold).
14. Install engine slingers.
15. Hoist engine with engine slingers and remove front engine mounting nuts.
16. Remove engine from vehicle.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
Problem now could be that you need to know where everything is. Again, a service manual would be the way to go. Hope this helps, good luck.
Was this answer helpful?
Past 24 Hours: 0
Past 7 Days: 0
Past 30 Days: 1
All Time: 67