Formally called the Chevrolet C/K.

elictric window won't go down

electric window wont go down

My son has the same problem on his 1995 chevy truck. Both drivers side and passenger side windows will not go down. We looked at the fuse/relay which is on the left hand side of the drivers area. The rely/fuse is a silver rectangle two prong fuse. When he turns the key on it gets very hot. I am assuming there is a short somewhere, the question is where? Anyone have this same problem? If so how did you accomplish the fix?

Hey Tim. I'm having the same problem with my 1995 Z71 . Fuse is getting very hot and neither window will move. Did you find out what was going on with your son's truck? Any help would be appreciated.

Did anyone figure this out ? I'm also having the same problem and I have replaced the fuse/ relay and that isn't the problem my powers mirrors also used to work and they don't work anymore either the fuse gets very hot when I press the switch replaced the whole switch and everything and that isn't the problem either there has got to be a short somewhere I just don't know where or how to check that.

Chris, look at the solutions below. It could be that your entire switch assembly is bad. Can you put the passenger window down using the passenger side button?

There are a number of things that could be causing a malfunction of your power window.

First off, is it only one window that won't go down? If so, it might be a single connection, switch, or motor that's not working.

If all power windows aren't working, then it might be a fuse or relay. Check the fuse box that contains the power window fuse and see if the fuse or relay is intact.

both power windows when out at same time how do check to see if relays are bad?

Having same issues. Fuse gets hot neither window will roll up or down when buttons are pushed, does not matter the door either drivers side will not roll the drivers side window or the passengers window and the passenger's side will not roll up its own window? Any other ideas on fixes? I checked the fuse and it is ok. Relay? where do i find the relay?

I have a 99 3 quarter ton Suburban I can't control the windows from independently like the passenger window the two back windows that they work from the driver side control what causes that

If you hear the motor run

in either direction but there's no movement it's the track or the gear. If there's no sound check fuses and then the switch (remove the switch and jump the terminals)

If this answer is acceptable please return and mark it.

Good Luck,

N.

If you decide that the power window motor is bad (which is very common), be sure to inspect the faulty motor. If you take it apart, you may find that there are 3 disintegrated nylon plugs that have deteriorated between the plastic gear and drive gear. If they have gone bad, you can replace them with new plugs found at NAPA (about $8. I think they are only listed for fords, but they aren't rocket science. They can be trimmed to fit) instead of spending $50 on a new motor.

These plugs are found on power window motors and headlight motors (older pontiacs).

today i was driving and i put my window down a bit and had my blowers on. i got to where i was going and when i went to drive my car again the windows wont go in either direction and the blowers wont turn on. this happens at the same time and when this happens the check engine light comes on. What is going on with my car and is it expensive to have fixed?

I purchased a 1991 Silverado for my son and the windows worked fine for a month and then they started to stop and go at times. I replaced the switches and checked the relay and all were fine. I then took the panel apart and it looks like the previous owner made speaker holes in them and damaged some of the wires in the process. I checked to see if the switches were getting any juice and the lock switch is and the window switches would go on and then dim to off. I touched the relay and it was very hot. So I'm looking at replacing the door wiring harness to see if that is a fix, problem is that the harness is an obsolete part at the stealers and at any aftermarket supplier :O( Any help would be appreciated :O)

janice rohr will be eternally grateful.