Can the iPhone 6 Plus camera fit in the iPhone 6?

One of the distinguishing factors in choosing between the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus is the camera. If the 6 Plus's camera fits in the smaller iPhone 6 then potentially you can modify the smaller phone to use the better camera and have a phone which is the best of both worlds. Can this be done?

Sorry folks they are not the same size so I doubt it will even fit as the plus unit is the larger and has different mounting. See for your selves:

Yes the connectors are the same but we don't know the how the signaling is managed.

Thanks for the info.

Most Helpful Answer

supposing you could get the firmware working, the 19 pins I counted on the 6 cam was the same amount on the 6+, id be concerned about size too though im sure someone will measure that out soon enough.

Would be an interesting hack for sure.

Yes, I think it would be an interesting experiment to see how compatible it is and how much software would need to be altered?

This answer was originally to another question.

Check out this question thread: Can the iPhone 6 Plus camera fit in the iPhone 6?.

As it looks now they are not compatible as the size of the units are different.

I really really doubt if looking at previous phones they made and there interchangablity.

Id say the connectors are completly different

Not to mention I am sure the iPhone 6 firmware will not support the motor hardware inside the 6 plus camera. Even if you did get the camera in there working, it wouldn't work as it is supposed to.

Do you have any evidence that the connectors are different or is that a guess? Also, how are you "sure" that the firmware will not support the motor hardware or is that also just a guess?

Are they different? Could you look at them? And what about the size? If you took apart the tho phones, it would be possible to check these two things.

Any update on this, guys?

I'd love to have the 6 regular with a 6+ cam!

Just hope is it a problem of thickness not allowing it fit in 6 vs 6+, otherwise cheap attitude of Apple regarding expensive price ...

I could see this as an issue, dont know how we could get around it unless its only the bit that sticks out. meaning that the camera lens would simply stick out more on our 6s than before.

seeing how the past iphone components were incompatible i highly doubt it. let us know what you discover though!

skemez1 will be eternally grateful.