iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, model no. A1475. Available in Space Gray or Silver, with 16/32/64/128 GB configurations.

Charging port replacement how to

I can not find any videos or manuals for charging port replacement... Please help...

Search Youtube for iPad Air charging port replacement and you’ll find several videos there, watch them and it might help you know whether this is a challenge to work its way through or pay its way out of.

From watching the videos myself, it seems a daunting DIY task but also be sufficiently involved to be costly at a repair shop.

Most Helpful Answer

It would be very similar to the iPad mini. Make sure you use enough heat when desoldering the old cable, I heard of an experienced micro-solderer that tore off a bunch of pads doing an Air a few months ago. I don't remember if this device has the kapton tape covering the pads, if it does, take that off first before you desolder.

You will need to remove the logic board and unsolder the old one, then solder on a new dock connector.

Please my iPad Air is charging but not increasing. Apparently I am in a direneed of it.

it's a pretty tough soldering job. you'll probably find a business online willing to do it before you find a local business that will fix your issue - as the success rate seems to be pretty low.

Requires soldering. I only found one repair company in my area that would do this. Beyond most DIY'ers ability. I paid $150.

Christian will be eternally grateful.