A point-and-shoot digital camera by Panasonic identifiable in North America by model number DMC-ZS7

How to fix a lens that is won't open?

Anytime I turn my camera on it comes up with "system error zoom". It was working perfectly fine then the zoom started acting a little shaky when it was coming out... not being able to focus or zoom long distances or macro shots, then it just stopped opening. I am afraid to take it to a camera repair shop as they usually cost tons of money of which I don't have..... Any help with this would be greatly appreciate. Thank you :)

I have almost the same issue with a DMC-ZS6.

Do we have someone to help with this?

Thank you in advence.

Lis

Scarlet, " little shaky when it was coming out" sounds like debris between the lens rings. Start by using a vacuum cleaner hose and see if you can get the lens somewhat cleaned. Check on here for some more ideas. If that does not work, you may consider replacing the lens. hope this helps, good luck.

Scarlet will be eternally grateful.