Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

water in laptop - will not turn on

greetings, I've read quite a bit on this subject, but wanted to get additional confirmation from the experts.

I've spilled water on my macbook pro during my sleep, however, by the the time I discovered what had happened, a few hours passed by. Laptop was plugged in. I unplugged it, and removed the battery, and let it sit for 3 days. I re-installed all components back and tried it again. The computer will no longer turn on now, not even a hum. Is this unit completely dead?

many thanks,

cg

also, that is a 13 in laptop.

YES - Electrons and water do not play well together. Look to right for tag "repair liquid damage" to see what you're in for… only you know if you're able to DIY repair this box, and if the cost is worth it. Your other option is to sell it as is for parts & repair only on e-bay.

Your identification is extremely generic… as you can see there are 25 different computer models X3 for 13, 15 and 17 versions. So here's some generic advice:

You can replace the logic board (this is a very advanced/difficult DIY repair) you are completely disassembling the computer ten reassembling it. AND YOU STILL might have a blown Display that would also need to be replaced.

If you go this route you will need to specifically ID your machine to find the proper guide and parts. Study the guide and notes (not just look at them), purchase the proper tools (every job goes easier when you use the right tools).

Keep the screws separate so you know what goes back in which hole. You will not have to completely finish reassembly (screw down tight) before testing to see if the display is bad.

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it.

machead3, thank you for your response. I think you summed it up quite well. I will mark as answered. Many thanks.

The same thing happened to me!!! What do you do now? Selling parts?

chris will be eternally grateful.