0

carlos
1

won't charge when plugged into PC or wall charger

My iPhone won't charge when connect it to the computer or the wall charger the screen is broken but I can tell what it's doing. The backlight is bright for a few seconds but shuts off I think it's at the apple logo. I unplug it it shuts off even when not plugged up it doesn't do any thing any suggestion on what I should do thanks.

no water damage and no screen flickering It hasn't been charge for awhile so I decided to charge it and the backlight lights up but quickly shuts off it won't restore I've tried that I'm thinking its the battery or something its been sitting in my dresser wrapped

Edited by: machead3, rj713, and oldturkey03 ( ) , carlos ( )

Is your phone water damaged at all? The flickering on and off is normally a sign that something got cooked.

Josh Calvetti,

1

markus weiher

if ou have a multimeter, measure the battery (if not, borrow/buy one, even the cheapest one would do the job - my oldest one did cost something around 3$ and that was ~10 years ago - it still works fine)

if the battery is empty (and by that i mean something around 0V) - the iPhone can not charge it. there are other ways to get some power into the battery - but it would always involve soldering and some "special skills" (a.k.a. insanity) - i use a modified gps unit for this job. other use a 9v battery and "shock charge" the empty battery for a few seconds. but that is a little bit dangerous - but it could help to give the empty cell enough voltage to be recognized by the device again - but never ever be lazy and try this while the battery is still soldered to the logicboard.

Edited by: markus weiher ( )

0

Carlos, I do agree with you. I do believe that the best task would be to replace the battery. Good luck and let us know.

iPhone Gen 1 Replacement Battery

iPhone Gen 1 Replacement Battery

Installation requires soldering — 24 available at 14.95 each.