A touchscreen smartphone made by LG released in September 2013 with the model number VS980.

Only speakerphone works during calls, can't use normal phone mic

When I make/take a call, I can only use speakerphone to communicate. If I use the normal mic (as in holding it like a normal phone) then nobody can hear me. I believe I damaged the noise-cancelling mic when I dropped it, the one at the bottom of the phone which is used for phone calls.

LG G2 VS980

What piece would be needed to fix this issue?

I have this issue as well but mine also has static

My phone only let me talk two people on speaker when i dial out i can not hear anything until i put it on speaker phone also same thing with talking on it

I have same issue.when I place call the mic and speaker dio not work. Caller can hear me but I cannot hear them. in the old land line service we called it one-way communication.

Try turning your phone over and pressing the area just under the camera on the back.

I have also the same issue. Whenever i make a call other linr cannot hear me but i can hear them.

Most Helpful Answer

Hey, i know I'm super late but for anyone else having this problem, simply press your thumb gently near the top by the camera then try it.

The phone doesn't work unless you plug in handsfree or switch on speaker. I tried software changes, cleaning the holes with pin, remove battery. Nothing works. But this trick : "press your thumb gently near the top by the camera then try it" it's work for me. Thanks a lot

Crushed Ice has the perfect solution! Thanks a million! I could not believe how perfectly and easily this worked. God bless you, Crushed Ice.

What? Your kidding right? My camera icon is bottom center.

WOW! Went to bed with this annoying problem last night and wanted to take the phone to the service centre this morning. Thought might as well google it.. and I saw this. WORKED! MAGIC! I cant thank you enough!'Bless you Crushed ice.. People like you are truly God sent.

OMG! This worked perfectly!

jon, you will have to disassemble it. Check to make sure that it is still properly connected on CN304 and that the mic rubber is properly aligned and does not obstruct the mic. After that, you may have to consider replacing the mic. Hope this helps, good luck.

Thank you! This was very helpful. The teardown doesn't specify what would need to be looked at/replaced, so this clears things up. Thanks again!

a very simple selution- clean the bottom left holes near the headphone jeck with a pin. worked for me.

thanks man.this is the answer i was looking for.there were dust in holes.thanks again :D

Hello i kept reading and searching and this one post said to press your phone around the camera area ...really it said top. But i pressed top sides and bottom and it worked .. Wooowwww

My girl had the same problem. We checked everything in settings and all. Tried turning it off, tried resetting it. And nothing.... Maaaan, after all that, she thinks of taking the battery out and putting it back in.. Just like that. I could hear her and she could hear me..

I had the same problem and I cleaned out the little hole and now I can respond and people can hear me.

Turn your voice enhancement on but u can't have speaker on or Bluetooth... Then look for privacy setting and uncheck the box if it's checked or vice versa.... That helped mine,,, but then I also downloaded from play store free "VOLUME BOOSTER" and just let the phone do automatic setting now it works great with music videos and calls.... Highly recommend this app 100%

No one can hear me talk only on speaker

Hi @ginger1969 ,

Use a bright light and a magnifying glass to check that the voice inlet hole at the bottom of the phone is not blocked with lint or dust.

If it appears to be blocked DO NOT use a pin or probe to try and clear it as you might damage the microphone which is directly behind the hole.

Try a vacuum cleaner, using short sharp bursts to see if this clears the obstruction.

If it appears not to be blocked and since you state the it is fine when using the speakerphone then there may be a problem with the microphone itself.

I also have the same problem..so i want to know datail for solving such a problem..mr crushed ice i can't catch your hints so pliz explain in detail

I get calls an I can't hear them until I put on speaker phone

I just received a replacement phone cause I too had to use speaker so they could hear me...still having the same problem with the replacement phone...ugh

How do i fix my mic on my lg5

What does this part look like?

jon will be eternally grateful.