A touchscreen smartphone made by LG released in September 2013 with the model number VS980.

Only speakerphone works during calls, can't use normal phone mic

When I make/take a call, I can only use speakerphone to communicate. If I use the normal mic (as in holding it like a normal phone) then nobody can hear me. I believe I damaged the noise-cancelling mic when I dropped it, the one at the bottom of the phone which is used for phone calls.

LG G2 VS980

What piece would be needed to fix this issue?

Most Helpful Answer

jon, you will have to disassemble it. Check to make sure that it is still properly connected on CN304 and that the mic rubber is properly aligned and does not obstruct the mic. After that, you may have to consider replacing the mic. Hope this helps, good luck.

Thank you! This was very helpful. The teardown doesn't specify what would need to be looked at/replaced, so this clears things up. Thanks again!

a very simple selution- clean the bottom left holes near the headphone jeck with a pin. worked for me.

thanks man.this is the answer i was looking for.there were dust in holes.thanks again :D

Hey, i know I'm super late but for anyone else having this problem, simply press your thumb gently near the top by the camera then try it.

The phone doesn't work unless you plug in handsfree or switch on speaker. I tried software changes, cleaning the holes with pin, remove battery. Nothing works. But this trick : "press your thumb gently near the top by the camera then try it" it's work for me. Thanks a lot

Crushed Ice has the perfect solution! Thanks a million! I could not believe how perfectly and easily this worked. God bless you, Crushed Ice.

I had the same problem and I cleaned out the little hole and now I can respond and people can hear me.

Turn your voice enhancement on but u can't have speaker on or Bluetooth... Then look for privacy setting and uncheck the box if it's checked or vice versa.... That helped mine,,, but then I also downloaded from play store free "VOLUME BOOSTER" and just let the phone do automatic setting now it works great with music videos and calls.... Highly recommend this app 100%

jon will be eternally grateful.