Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Why my iPhone overheating

it was onthe charger and i pick it up and felt realy warm and got warmer than i unpugged it than the screen turn white and off. never came on agian

Does it work if you plug it in again? If so, the battery is probably shot. If it doesn't, the logic board may be shot.

Either way, it seems like your iPhone is still under warranty (its been less than a year since the iPhone 3GS came out.. right?) and this is obviously not your fault, you should take it back to an apple store and they'll replace it for you for free.

yeah i got it Nov of 2009. no it doesn't power up and the screen it cracked so i don't think they wouldn't give me a new one

Rich will be eternally grateful.