Model A1136 / 30, 60, or 80 GB hard drive / black or white plastic front

iPod skips to next song before songs end

I've done the restart, reinstall, etc, but the iPod continues to end songs early--some within 10 seconds, and go to next song. the songs sound fine on my itunes, and if I fast forward the song past the point it usually skips, the song plays normal from that point.

Is it the same song? or is it every song but assorted?

Only certain songs, but it is rare that there is a song that doesn't end early. Is it worth trying to replace the hard drive?

The editing gabe mentioned points to the right direction - there was a another member with that issue and since he changed the bitrate from variable to constant - the problem was gon, editing the mp3 makes something similar - it simply converts the bad coding out of the mp3. some devices are picky and editing/converting the mp3 is the easiest way out of this skipping mess

Thank you for your recommendation. I looked on itunes and iPod and couldn't find info on changing the bitrate. Is there an easy way to do this?

there are many freeware tools, i use foobar2000 for my mp3's

Sounds like perhaps the hard drive is bad?

This has happened to me before. I think one way to solve this is to edit that peticular song with audacity (remove like .001 seconds) then save as, then it worked for me.

You can also try converting it to another format, basically you need to change the file in some way. This actually happened to my iPod video as well and this fixed it.

Peter Rozga will be eternally grateful.