iPhone 5s briefly submerged in water, files available on desktop

Hey all,

Yesterday my sister dropped her iPhone 5s in the pool and retrieved it within seconds. She then put it in rice for a couple hours. She was able to connect it to her laptop and access her photos etc, but the display is out. She has definitely subjected it to electricity after the water so something may be shorted. I have since partially disassembled it and it covered it in silica gel.

My questions are: Since files seem to be retrievable, does this mean the logic board is still functional?

Is it possible to diagnose which components have been damaged?

Would simply replacing the LCD be a fix?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Bill

Phone needs opened up the gel won't do squat it needs washed with ISO alcohol then accessed for damage if screen is still out only way to find out if it just the screen is to change it..

Now point me in the direction of the douch that started this stupid rice myth he needs a good slap

If I find him I'll send him your way. Should the battery be replaced first?

I would try a battery yes as it's important to replace battery after water damage..

Bill will be eternally grateful.